Dream Boat

Pusher

Lieutenant
image_257514.jpg
image_257515.jpg
image_257516.jpg
image_257517.jpg

Can someone please tell me I'm nutts for thinking this boat is the cats meow?

Granted, it's not a tinny so I know I'm losing half my audience right now, but just look at her! If I put a pod on it I'd have the deck, the cabin, and a place to sleep! The vertical cabin walls are saweet!

http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/boa/5930261280.html

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Nightmare today, dream boat way down the line. She could make a nice one some day.

titaniumneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
If right price, and you don't mind doing the work on it. Go for it. Make it look like the picture you have in mind. Why not. A little work doesn't scare me and I'm in pain all the time, but not lazy, I'd buy it and pretty it up.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
I think he should pay you to haul it away.

To me it looks like if you put $15,000 into it and mega hours you'd have a $5,000 boat

Pusher

Lieutenant
Well, two family members and this forum have all said the same thing (Thanks for your vote Titaniumneck). I should probably take my own saying to heart... "By the time someone shows enough crazy to prove it, they're too crazy to believe it.".

The last straw was when I reallized the trailer (which is probably rusted through already) is missing the bow stop/winch. No tow, no go.

Good news came out of all of this however! My missus looked at me without the irritation I was expecting and said you have to sell your current boat first and we need a bigger house with a third garage (mayne not so good news for my credit score?).
I'm thinking my future is heading in the right direction :)

#lifegoals

Thanks for bursting my bubble guys!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would run. thats an OMC stringer hanging off the back of the rotten boat sitting on the rusty trailer without the rusty bow stop.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
seriously he cabin looks way out of proportion to rest of boat, must have been a real tall guy or something.no windows on cabin in front, walk away :)

superbenk

Commander
Looks like a complete gut & rebuild. The fact that it was a Stringer is moot since I'm fairly certain you'll be rebuilding the transom anyhow. I would be surprised if there's any woodwork in that boat worth saving, but it's a nice looking design.

Pusher

Lieutenant
seriously he cabin looks way out of proportion to rest of boat, must have been a real tall guy or something.no windows on cabin in front, walk away :)

Yeah, it looks oversized a bit, but that's what I liked about it. I don't like fishing in foul weather but rain's okay if I have a place to step under while it does its thing. For that, I liked how large the cabin looked. :fencing: As you all have pointed out though... it's a pile. :yield::laugh:

Actually Ondarvr, you really drove the point home for me. Why over-invest in a boat only desirable to me.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
I overinvest in stuff that's only desirable to me, but that's because I want it how I want it not what's easiest and quickest to make and sell , if I were to take on that project I would have to fix the forward cabin but I have ideas how that could be achieved and look proper , the pilothouse looks fine just forward of that needs to be redesigned a bit and shaped and windows installed as well as real side windows not portholes.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
They're asking $150 for it. They should be offering $150 to have some one tow it away. If you like working on boats rather than using and enjoying them and you have gobs of money to sink into that boat then I say go for it.