Bonnaroo 2017

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
A mile or two form our house; we'll be on the boat or well stocked for a 5 day pool party at the house.

14 or so years into our festival, was bought by Corporate America. While improvements have been made to the venue (bathrooms and showers on the 700+ acres and a new exit off the highway) they skimped on talent last year and attendance was off by almost half, if not more - they've never officially stated numbers.

This years line up at least has some people known outside the region.

Bonnaroo returns to Manchester, TN for its 16th year from June 8-11. After U2 announced they would headline with a Joshua Tree anniversary performance, the full lineup for the festival has been announced.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Weeknd, Chance the Rapper, Lorde, the xx, Major Lazer, Travis Scott, Future Islands, Flume, Tegan & Sara, Crystal Castles, Car Seat Headrest, Noname, the Head and the Heart, Glass Animals, Tove Lo, Tory Lanez, Portugal. The Man, Gallant, Cage the Elephant, Flume, D.R.A.M., Francis and the Lights, BADBADNOTGOOD, Kevin Morby, James Vincent McMorrow, Margo Price, Flatbush Zombies, White Reaper, and more will perform.

Bonnaroo%20updated%20poster.png

southkogs

Staff member
Traffic jams - on the interstate, the gas stations at my exit and the local hospital :)

If they can keep the "crazy" controlled, I can only imagine that Manchester makes some nice money that week. I know Murfreesboro gets a nice bump, but I don't know the dollar figure.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Hmmmmm. U2, Chilli Peppers, Lorde, and Cage The Elephant! Hmmmmm.

Sounds like a pretty good lineup. Youngest son graduates highschool in May here in Tn, middle child ( Daughter ) graduates college in May in Minneapolis. Hmmmm.

Perhaps the Admiral and I can make Bonnaroo a summer event if things aren't to crazy in June. Hmmmm.

I will have to try and sneak this into our/her summer planning. :D We shall see how successful I am.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I must be old, have not heard of any of those artists and the rest I will not listen to outspoken political beliefs and intolerance of a counter viewpoints.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
you gotta be pretty old to not know the first two. They are in their mid sixties i think and been around maybe 30+ years.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Hmmmmm. U2, Chilli Peppers, Lorde, and Cage The Elephant! Hmmmmm.

Sounds like a pretty good lineup. Youngest son graduates highschool in May here in Tn, middle child ( Daughter ) graduates college in May in Minneapolis. Hmmmm.

Perhaps the Admiral and I can make Bonnaroo a summer event if things aren't to crazy in June. Hmmmm.

I will have to try and sneak this into our/her summer planning. :D We shall see how successful I am.

The boys went for the first time two years ago. Plus last year. Momma made lots of ice trips.... they have it down pretty good since I first moved here 9 years ago and the wife said it was really crazy before that. We have a friend that gets two free bands because he lives 'in the path' and he gives those to our boys.

If you make it down and need anything let me know. If either boy goes, we will NOT be on the boat - cuz momma ain't gonna be more than five minutes away. We deliver. Or we have a pool and real beds... :D

Plus, might be ready to replace both HVAC units by then so you could expense it.

Tnstratofam

Commander
The boys went for the first time two years ago. Plus last year. Momma made lots of ice trips.... they have it down pretty good since I first moved here 9 years ago and the wife said it was really crazy before that. We have a friend that gets two free bands because he lives 'in the path' and he gives those to our boys.

If you make it down and need anything let me know. If either boy goes, we will NOT be on the boat - cuz momma ain't gonna be more than five minutes away. We deliver. Or we have a pool and real beds... :D

Plus, might be ready to replace both HVAC units by then so you could expense it.

A business trip/party that sounds good to me. Just have to get the Admiral on board. Biggest problem with that may be that she is more of a Skynyrd or Poison fan than U2 or Chilli Peppers. We shall see.

Thanks for the info Joe.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
My previous neighbor was from Atlanta and would rent a large RV with some of his college buddies and make the trip (from Atlanta). Always seemed a little too hippy-dippy-bologna to me...that being said, Chili Peppers and U2 should be decent draws (I've seen both). Most are too recent for me to have seen them in concert.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Even the non big draws are good bands from what i hear. Local aka nashville and regional. Everyone i talk to says it's rare to heare a bad band, maybe not your particular style but not bad.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Same weekend as Steel Bridge song fest in Door County. usual guests in the past have been Chris Aaron band (RIP), Pat McDonald, Jane Wiedlin, Jackson Brown and about 50 others. the 2017 lineup is still pending

love summer concerts and music fests