Bye Carl.......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Wow, just a bit surprised, I hope Daniel does good, hope he has not been moved up to fast!

Tnstratofam

Commander
One of my favorite drivers. Wonder what he's going to be doing.

2017 so far isn't really getting me to excited when it comes to NASCAR. The feeling around my neck of the woods is they are kind of lost, and almost beyond resuscitation. :noidea: I sure hope there is a turnaround soon.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
From what I saw reported about his presser this morning, he is simply walking away with his health. :noidea:

boatman37

Lieutenant
Remember Brian Scott did the same a few months ago. Maybe NASCAR will get the hint that the schedule is too long? It is even too long as a fan and viewer. Cut out about 10 races with a few more off weekends in between.

Do we see a trend starting here? Who will be the next to drop off unexpectedly?

He wasn't my favorite but good luck Carl.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I can respect that, and it is probably a good move, I think a lot of the drivers that have been around a while watched what happened with JR. last year and it really got them thinking, and I would not be surprised to see Dale walk away in the next year or two. The faces in racing are a changing. I also believe NASCAR needs to step back and really look at what they have been doing with the sport, it is becoming to generic and simply most of the time, very boring.

Things are changing. Good luck Carl.

64osby

Admiral
I think he is one of the classier drivers on the circuit. He is doing it his way and he is smart about it.

The comment above about jr is valid imho.

Going out on top is what everyone should do. Compare Gorden to Smoke.

tallcanadian

Captain
Carl was awesome. Nascar is having a hard time holding my attention. What could be done to make it better?\