My night ...

aspeck

Staff member
http://abcnews.go.com/US/manhunt-und...ry?id=44481951

I have had dealings with both the officer and the shooter. The shooter was a very troubled individual. The Officer was a special kid ... 23 years old, on the force for 1 year and 2 weeks, was married over the summer and his wife just graduated from college a few weeks ago. He was a pleasure to work with on accident scenes, caring, a true professional, just a very sweet, articulate, smart kid. He will be missed.

And while that was going on 6 miles from my home, we were also dealing with a house fire that was a total loss ... I need some sleep!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I wish we wouldn't see this anymore. So senseless!

aspeck

Staff member
I am tired of living them ... been working with PSP most of today. I need sleep from last night. Got to get to Church for New Year's Eve Service and Celebration and then begin planning tomorrow evening's Candlelight Vigil.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I hope the NYE celebrants are sane so you can have some rest tonight, aspeck.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Aspect so very sad that people have to kill others. We've had a few police killed recently in middle Georgia and two of them were answering a domestic violence call and others serving a warrant. It seems some people have no respect for life these days. I am sorry for your loss.

boatman37

Lieutenant
Sad. My step-son is a police officer just north of Pittsburgh, a couple hours from where this happened (and he recently applied for the State Police). I believe one of his co-workers knew the trooper that was shot. I was in law enforcement for a short time and glad I got out before it got this bad. Senseless

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This is so sad . And unnecessary .. Hope you were able to get some rest speck ....

aspeck

Staff member
Funeral over, prayer vigil officiate, dealt with LEOs, fire fighters, shooter's family, and community members ... it has been a LONG week!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sorry Aspect for your loss. And when it is all said and done, it was totally senseless and for some reason that never makes and rhyme or reason. Amazing how many people have ZERO respect for life these days!