Don't You just Love Internet Shopping?

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Now, if I could only convince the relatives to teleconference! ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member
My Admiral's gifts were all online purchases as well.

I like to surf the web when looking for gifts, but hate wandering around a mall/store(s) 'shopping, even if it isnt a slog fest to get into the store and isnt crowded.....

Really enjoy seeing my family during the holidays. The inlaws? Not so much :facepalm:

Congrats on finishing up BEFORE 5P Christmas eve. Used to be an xmas eve shopper. Now if I have time, I go watch the frantic last minute shoppers...

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Now, if I could only convince the relatives to teleconference! ;)

Yup, winter parties should all be skyped or something. Went to a house party last night. Friggin' cold.

jbcurt, I finished early because I'm a cheapskate and don't want to pay for expedited shipping. :joyous:

dwco5051

Commander
90% of my shopping was from home. About the only thing I can't get from Amazon is the rifle my wife wants. Local gun shop is only about 5 mile up the state road from my home so not too bad.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Congrats on finishing up BEFORE 5P Christmas eve. Used to be an xmas eve shopper. Now if I have time, I go watch the frantic last minute shoppers...

I did the Xmas eve shopping thing one year, swore I would never do that again. I thought I was the only one who would go people watch on Xmas Eve though.

I did about 50/50 this year. the good part is with so many folks doing online shopping, local retailers aren't too crowded.

aspeck

Staff member
You need to put a lot of thought in your gifts, that is why you go Christmas eve, walk up and down the aisles to pick up the right gift, then head to the register at your local 711 or in our area, Sheetz store.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have not bought anything in a real brick and mortar store for years now, normally I find something call my wife over and ask, what do you think of this, if she likes it, I hit the add to cart button and tell her when it will be here!

:D

angus63

Captain
The day is coming when I find the resolve to head out and aim my vehicle at the glow down the highway where my entire county loses their civility in the quest for the perfect gift. Not yet though, I haven't worked up the courage. Tonight I drink beer and formulate the mission. Probably not tomorrow either.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Angus, on those rare occasions when I have to mall-it, it's a well-planned, hard-target mission. Study the mall layout online, choose my stores and the fastest route among them, and hit it hard. Drives my wife crazy. I can shop a new wardrobe for myself in a half hour. :D

Darrenmb

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Im not the swiftest when it comes to the Internet, but as hassle free as the shopping is, its also given away everything i have bought!!! I was on another forum (for my car) and smack dab in middle of screen, us an add from overstock suggesting items, 3 of which i had already purchased, also my wife has amazon prime, but i couldn't use it for purchases as she would get the confirmation email! Had to create my own account without prume so i had to pay for shipping! Im.sure its all just in settings on the computer, but everytime i adjust something, something else screws up! Guess im going to finish my shopping the old fashioned way, get my lazy butt up of the sofa and hit the shops!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Angus, on those rare occasions when I have to mall-it, it's a well-planned, hard-target mission. Study the mall layout online, choose my stores and the fastest route among them, and hit it hard. Drives my wife crazy. I can shop a new wardrobe for myself in a half hour. :D

I'm the same way. I always have a list, very important. Then bang, bang, bang thru the stores, get what I need and I'm done......

aspeck

Staff member
Then bang, bang, bang thru the stores, ... and I'm done......
Ummm, there are laws against that, Musky ... just saying. You go bang, bang, bang at the range, not in the stores.:facepalm::laser::mad2:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ummm, there are laws against that, Musky ... just saying. You go bang, bang, bang at the range, not in the stores.:facepalm::laser::mad2:

Ha! How society has changed........

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Umm..... I want to thank all you folks who shop on-line at those e-tail stores for keeping me gainfully employed, during the Christmas season and everyday there after. Small parcel shipping companies, (most specifically the one I work for), wouldn't see growth in the teens every year with out you!!

You know, this is the first year that I ever saw fresh cut Christmas trees being shipped to indiscriminate locations throughout the country in our Hub. I thought to myself, how lazy do people have to be to order Christmas trees that are cut, packaged, and shipped to their door?? I think I've seen everything now. Out of the 500,000 packages that move across the sorters daily in this Hub, this was a first.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
You know, this is the first year that I ever saw fresh cut Christmas trees being shipped to indiscriminate locations throughout the country in our Hub. I thought to myself, how lazy do people have to be to order Christmas trees that are cut, packaged, and shipped to their door?

About as lazy as me, I guess. Haven't tried it, but the idea is appealing. I have no kids at home anymore. No more tree shopping, sledding, taking them out to buy Mom a gift. It's a different life. Lazy? Nah, but I can be selective about how I spend my time and energy. Brick and mortar shopping (aside from tools and other man-toys) has never been an enjoyable pastime for me. There are ways I can avoid it now, so I do.

My .02