A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

southkogs

Staff member
75 years ago today, Pearl Harbor was attacked and the world changed. All respects to the lost, a salute to those who survived and all who took on the fight and a hearty "thank you" to those who continue to guard.

The site's pretty busy, so it's loading slow: https://pearlharbor75thanniversary.com

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I honor all people that have fought for this great Country. Seems we now have a couple generations that just have no idea what real war is all about. And for that reason too many look down on those that did fight and give their all. I for one am extremely proud and very honored to be an American. Nothing else to say.

alldodge

Staff member
The real meaning of Naval Surface Fire Support, this is BB63 USS Missouri

BB63 M Mo.jpg

And on her deck

USS Missouri BB63 9-2-1945.jpg

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
I was privileged to reenlist aboard USS Arizona. Part of the ceremony includes receiving a flag flown from the ship which, 25 years later, I still possess.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Yes, a hearty thanks to all. Thanks for the link kogs, and to AD for those pics

boatman37

Lieutenant
My uncle was at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked. He was a staff sergeant in the Army. He is 98 and still ticking. He was wounded pretty badly that day but survived and saved a fellow soldier. Our town named Dec. 7th after him.

And thanks to all of our military no matter what generation!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
25 Years ago today, I spread my Grandfathers ashes over the sunken hull of the USS Arizona, so he could once again, rest with the men he served with, he was a survior of that day and went on to live a long and happy life.

Rest in peace Grandpa and all of the rest of the brave souls that gave so much that day!

I salute you!

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Donald Stratton, one the 5 survivors of the USS Arizona was all over tv this past week, he wrote a book, All The Gallant Men.