College Bowl Mania 2016

aspeck

Staff member
iboats bragging rights are on the line. 6 days till the College Bowl match ups are announced. Sign in and join the group iboats. Maybe you will be lucky with the dart throwing this year and get to claim the bragging rights of Head iBOATS College Bowl Game picker! http://games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2016/en/

aspeck

Staff member
Bumping this up to remind you to get your picks in now that we know who plays whom.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Who is PSU Homer? LOL

Why can't I rejoin iboats. I has trouble last year.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
There are way too many bowl games! I almost quit picking in the middle.

GA_Boater

Finally got in. Now I'm ready to humiliate myself. :doh:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
15267626_10154575196131006_9012929196689524132_n.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
How did my team stay in the top 25 at 17 ?
Miracles happen ...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I cant seem to find the iboats group. Any ideas? assuming it will say fans of iboats

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
K, found it. You cant join iboats group until you make your picks.

I chose straight ticket, will that work? or are we doing the confidence ticket.

aspeck

Staff member
We are straight ticket ... you should be able to join as soon as you you creat a profile/team. Regardless, glad glad you joined, daawg!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Usually you can't make picks until you join a group. You're not trying to create a group? It gets confusing, especially the 1st time around......

aspeck

Staff member
Watching the story closely as it will effect my pick ... It seems strange the kids were exonerated and then after the fact they are suspended/disciplined, but I don't know the whole story.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Watching the story closely as it will effect my pick ... It seems strange the kids were exonerated and then after the fact they are suspended/disciplined, but I don't know the whole story.
They weren't being prosecuted which is a whole lot different than nothing happened. University can't comment because of privacy issues. I can kinda understand both sides on this one. Sucks if you had nothing to do with it but your name is out there and you didn't do anything.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
From the Minnesota Football Team ...

"As a team, we understand that what has occurred these past few days, and playing football for the University of Minnesota, is larger than just us. ...

"We now ask that you, the members of the media, our fans, and the general public hold all of us accountable for ensuring that our teammates are treated fairly, along with any and all victims of sexual assault. We also ask that the public dialogue related to the apparent lack of due process in a university system is openly discussed and evaluated.

"As football players, we know that we represent this University and this state and that we are held to a higher standard. We want to express our deepest gratitude to our coaching staff and so many others for their support during this difficult time, and we hope that our fans and community understand why we took the actions that we did.

"Our thoughts and prayers are for the well-being of the woman involved in the original incident, and for our 10 teammates to ensure that they are treated fairly. We look forward to representing the University of Minnesota and the state of Minnesota in the Holiday Bowl in a way that makes all of you proud."

GA_Boater

So Minn won't be replaced with NIU. No idea what happened to cause the change in direction.

The Bowl season has begun! NC Central against Grambling on ABC. NCC is on the board first following an INT leading to a FG. 3-0 NCC, 5 min left in the 1st Q. If NCC hangs on and upsets Grambling all of our $1M dreams are gone in the very first game.