A true genius has passed

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sad. I have to admit, I go for a lonnngggg time and then get a hunger for a Big Mac. But before I consume it all, I usually have my fill of Big Mac. And then another lonnngggg stretch before another. Maybe two possibly three a year. Interesting to know who actually invented/designed it though.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I haven't had a Big Mac in many years. For quite awhile I've been going after the grilled chicken wraps. The rare occasion I stop there.....

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
we should all go have a big mac tonight in his honor

I don't do McDonalds all that often but I do enjoy it now and than

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Ieat one every few year and as said, I'm done before I'm done.

i saw on tv the other day that thry have two new sizes, one bigger and one smaller.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'd have to do a 50 mile round trip to find the nearest McDonalds... Or anything else for that matter......

alldodge

Staff member
Haven't had a big mac or any McDonalds since I found Hardy's about 20 years now

gm280

Supreme Mariner
We just had a Hardee's open about four to five miles from our house this week.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Was never a big fan of the "special sauce " on the BM ..
Sad to here of his passing though ...
Hardee's by far makes the best fast food burgers ... jmho ....

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Kind of partial to Five Guys burgers sorry to hear about the McD's guy passing......... no one gets out alive.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Was never a big fan of the "special sauce " on the BM ..
Sad to here of his passing though ...
Hardee's by far makes the best fast food burgers ... jmho ....

You don't like 1000 island dressing?

How un-American!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Never been a Big Mac Guy. In-N-Out is the best. Put the 5 Guys that was next to the one near me out of business.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I've heard of In-N-Out but we don't have em over hear that I know of ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner
We have a place called "Cook Out" that makes a pretty good REAL burger. They actually use real burger and cook it like you would be in your own back yard grill. It is pretty good compared to the others. But nothing beats home made grilled burgers in my opinion. JMHO

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
ooh in-N-out. Only had them once. I took a trip to San Diego and a friend said I had to try it.

Love the concept and the burger wasn't bad either. I prefer 5 guys burgers over theirs but no comparison when it comes to speed of service. in-n-out all day.

I enjoy a big mac now and again but not very often. I did have one last night. didn't think to take pics of it LOL

musky you got me beat. only a 30 mile trip for me. LOL

82rude

Rear Admiral
I only have maybe 1 biggie a year but when i was a teenager in the 70,s when they went on sale id buy 4 or 6 at a time .Never gained an ounce as we were very active back then .Due to a desire and need to lose weight i dont even look sideways at any fast food.25 pounds gone so far 25 to go.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have to say that burgers, in general, from most fast food places just don't taste like they used to when I was in my teen years. And maybe because back then they actually made them from ground beef. Now we get processed pre-made patties, not a real hand made burger anymore. These days if you get a real hand made burger, it cost $10 bucks or more. JMHO