Roof issues, need opinions and ideas

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Shrink wrap would be interesting, I'll check on it.

On Thanksgiving Day we got home from a family dinner at my sisters to find the laundry room (big room) soaked, with water pouring out of two 3' long splits in the drywall on the ceiling. There was heavy rain and a wind during the day, more black plastic on the roof got it covered. Had to use Rubber Maid bins to catch the water.

Last edited:

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Update

​Had that side of the roof re-done, even traded a boat for part of the deal. So far there are no leaks and we've had a bunch of rain and wind, now I can put the buckets away.

​The roofer had some left over material from another job, so the price was OK.

​Now I just need to see what happens with the property, lost more ground and one of the large trees.

aspeck

Staff member
Do we have an updated picture of the erosion? How long till your land is on the other side of the river?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
When it stops raining I'll try to get some pics, it's rained for weeks, even had a tornado touch down today

aspeck

Staff member
I did study the water flow from the video's coordinates and it looks like there is the potential for the erosion to slow or even stop as it approaches your house. But with the erosion that has occurred since the Google Earth pictures, it is hard to tell how the hydrological forces have changed. I am certainly hoping the best for you! Glad at least the rain isn't coming in on your head now ... dry roof makes everything look a little better.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Since the video we've lost another 20' of bank, plus the large Maple in middle of the line of three. There is also a fault line forming about 30' back from the bank that has been moving and sinking, at sometime in the near future that section may break away and drop into the river. The island has a skinny spot that is getting narrower with every high water, if it blows through to the main channel it may help me out a bit by diverting some water back to the main channel before it gets to my place.