daily music fix

aspeck

Staff member

Edit: Fixed it for ya 'Speck..... You're welcome....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Funny I was just thinking of that speck ... Kind of a Thanksgiving tradition ... :joyous:

Tnstratofam

Commander
And now for something a little different for Thanksgiving! This will sum up my families since of humor real well.:heh:

:rofl:

Seriously though Happy Thanksgiving everybody!:D

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
dingbat last time I like hot tuna was a dish gramma made with pimentos over toasted English muffins.
Most know Hot Tuna from a previous life as Jefferson Airplane less Kantor and Slick

Hot Tuna - Double Dose or America's Choice.....turn it up!!!

dwco5051

Commander
As a guitar player who mostly plays bluegrass, gospel, and country before about 1970 I have always had a interest in true musicians who can play outside there usual genre. We have a fiddle player who shows up now and then who plays in a string quartet and the local symphony along with a dobro player who spent his Navy career playing saxophone in the Navy Band. Just to hear Ronnie Wood on the pedal steel in this version of the Rolling Stones doing a Wayland Jennings song shows true talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEOZtJm8pU

gm280

Supreme Mariner
As a guitar player who mostly plays bluegrass, gospel, and country before about 1970 I have always had a interest in true musicians who can play outside there usual genre. We have a fiddle player who shows up now and then who plays in a string quartet and the local symphony along with a dobro player who spent his Navy career playing saxophone in the Navy Band. Just to hear Ronnie Wood on the pedal steel in this version of the Rolling Stones doing a Wayland Jennings song shows true talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEOZtJm8pU

Artist that have true talent can do those things. But sadly today we have made up groups accomplied by studio players. Gone are the days when groups not only played their respective instruments, but also sang at the same time. Now it is choreographed junk. JMHO

dwco5051

Commander
Here is another one with Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees and bluegrass legend Ricky Skaggs. I hope I figured out how to insert a video this time

dwco5051

Commander
Artist that have true talent can do those things. But sadly today we have made up groups accomplied by studio players. Gone are the days when groups not only played their respective instruments, but also sang at the same time. Now it is choreographed junk. JMHO

There are musicians and there are singers but you are right those that do both are getting rare in what passes for country these days. Remember when you could identify a Hank Snow song by just the first bar or two of his lead in. I can't think of any modern singers with the musical talent of the likes of Vince Gill and Mary Stuart.

southkogs

Staff member
Here is another one with Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees and bluegrass legend Ricky Skaggs.
I wasn't at that concert, but a friend was. Barry and Ricky did Stayin' Alive with the Kentucky Thunder. Only video I can find of it:
He said it was INCREDIBLE live.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Quite the duo. Brothers Gibbs were very talented, far beyond what they are remembered for

southkogs

Staff member
Quite the duo. Brothers Gibbs were very talented, far beyond what they are remembered for
One of my designers here in the office is an excellent musician, and after this concert we looked up all of the song Barry Gibb wrote. The LIST is pretty impressive. Much more talent than you see on the surface.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I couldn't tell you how many times I've sung along to this one ..

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
used to love to turn to either left or right (can't remember which) to just sing one side of it. If you've never done it, you must.

one of my fav buffett songs.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Some songs just get to ya ... Hard not to think of my father ...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
^^^too true

I love odd duets. We'll odd at the time, now classic pairings.