daily music fix

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok g'night kids. Wife out of town, I've been working (from home) and up early and late to scrape popcorn ceilings and paint 'em back up while she's in Canada but she's home tomorrow night not sure I"m gonna make it...

Reactions: KJM

southkogs

Staff member
I've been hooked on some stuff being done locally by an ATTY here in Nashville. This is his "garage band" doing Fooling Yourself. Couple of old rockers in here like John Elafante.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
What a group of talent in the early scruggs video. The children today would not understand just how incredibly talented they are. Hadn't seen that before.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
This was great!

That was great. He's done some others like that. That guy is super talented, funny, and is able to surround himself with other talented, funny people. I love all music (although I get to decide what I think is music), played (occasionally still play) drums in a classic-rock/blues/folk/etc band - so seeing people this talented is definitely humbling. Nice thread joe

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I Hate Illinois Nazi's !!! :lol:
All good stuff !! I haven't heard Fooling Yourself in a long time ... That was great !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This was before he got" strange" on us ... No matter what ya think of him he did have a ton of talent ...

Story about me ... I play trumpet ... My high school marching band was a military style band not a corp style ... If you have ever seen the movie Drum Line that was the style and type music we played ... We played that MJ song as part of one of our dance performances ... Every time I hear it on the radio it brings me back to that time of my life ... We had an absolute blast on the field and I wouldn't change it for the world ...

sam60

Captain
I am a fan of many types of music. Also a a big fan of Ed King.
He takes his boat to dinner often.

Last edited by a moderator:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
This was a very good rendition...........

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Nancy Wilson has an incredible voice. I've never liked Stairway until I heard that live rendition of it.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WIMUSKY that wasn't good, that was fantastic. I wonder if they ever thought how great that song would become when they first released it?