NFL - Week 8

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Musky must be fishing. :D

I had to start this thread just to complain about the Color Rush outfits that Jax and Tenn are wearing tonight. Bright blue for the Titans and as beat as I can tell Baby Poo Brown on the Jags.

FlaCowboy is still on top of the standings by 1 point and iboats_tim was the weekly leader by scoring 11 points.

Back to those unis - :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Musky just got back from Tacky Jacks. Crab and fish for supper....:hungry:

Can't watch the game, no NFL Network...

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Yeah those are really bad!! Titans are crushing the jags!!! I almost feel bad for them....lol

GA_Boater

I don't get the NFL network either, but I.m following along and saw a clip on NFL.com. My tummy is still turning over.

Titans up at the half 27-0.

The Steeler bumble bees aren't as bad as these thing. Almost! :smile:

GA_Boater

The Titans won 36-22. Everybody picked Tenn, except the one with jag in his espn handle. :rolleyes: LOL

A London game again early Sunday morning. Hope it's the last one!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Everybody picked Tenn, except the one with jag in his espn handle. :rolleyes: LOL
!

Yea , I don't know what that guy was thinking .. :noidea:
But I understand what he was trying to do .. Seeing as he knew no one was gunna pick the Jags he could of snuck up to a tie for first place ..
It's a shame his team didn't hold up their end of the bargain ... Otherwise it would have been a brilliant move on his part ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This is typically the time of the season he normally gives up on them. :)

Yes it's past time .:yield:.. It's tough being a fan sometimes ... :rain: :cold:
But with those spiffy Gold uniforms how could they lose ?

GA_Boater

Yes it's past time .:yield:.. It's tough being a fan sometimes ... :rain: :cold:
But with those spiffy Gold uniforms how could they lose ?

Gold? More like baby poop!

Oh you're being PC. LOL

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The official name they advertise is " Bold Rush " :pound:
I get the ewwww yuuuck ! every time the Admiral see's them wearing it ....
Personally I could care less what they wear .. I just want em to win or at least be competitive !!!

GA_Boater

Week 8 - Oddities.

Raiders had a record 23 penalties for 200 yards, yet still won in OT.

3 OT games today. Not a one week record (5), still a lot.

2nd tied final score this year and in back-to-back weeks. Jay Gruden didn't know a game could end in a tie. Well heck, you were playing in a futbal stadium and ties happen all the time. Hey Jon - Teach your bro the game, will ya. :facepalm:

Derek Carr threw for a franchise record 513 yards, 4 TD's and no interceptions! Y.A. Tittle and Big Ben are the only other QB's to toss for 500+ yards, 4+ TD's and 0 Ints.

Seattle's Earl Thomas was so overjoyed at recovering a fumble and returning it for a TD, that he hugged a ref in celebration. Before he had a chance to untangle, the ref was tossing a flag. Oooops!

Cam Newton feels that he is being treated unfairly and the opposing defenses are getting away with murder because there should be more defensive penalties like other QB's draw. He is going to talk to Godell about the situation. Maybe he should teach the Commish to Dab or how to do the Superman thing? LOL

Cleveland Browns almost lost their perfect record. Up 20-7 at the half against the Jets, they forgot the game is 60 minutes, not 30.

Denver OC Wade Phillips was creamed on the sidelines when hit by SD's Melvin Gordon. After a trip to the hospital he was pronounced OK. He is gonna ache but Denver won!

This is only Week 8 with MNF to come and 9 more weeks to go.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cleveland was due for a win. I thought for sure it would be this past weekend so I picked them....... not........