No Rain in the South East for Months!

DayCruiser

Ensign
Soon as La Nina cranks up the rain goes away. You can count on in. The Lakes soon follow suit. Our Lake has been steadily dropping since July. The COE did a good job of keeping it usable for all of the Summer. Extreme heat, wind and no rain for much of the Summer. We had part one of the drought where it rained about every 3 weeks. Now part 2 of the drought has been no rain. Temps 95 to 100 all Summer. The winds was like having a constant month of March all Summer. We have had some good years during the Neutral and El Nino stages. Really rained too much during some El Nino years. I would trade that for NO rain

aspeck

Staff member
Mid Atlantic states have been feeling it also. Local Marina closed early because of water levels. We finally got rain ... 30 miles away! We were called for water rescue because of flooding in neighboring county while we didn't get a drop of rain. Go figure.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Middle Georgia is presently in a severe drought. And some lakes are closing ramps because you can get to water anymore. And we did have 90 plus degree days this summer up until just last week. It since has dropped to more seasonal temps now, but without rain also.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How much rain did I get in the last 7 days? The last month looks the same except the blue line is longer with a couple ripples. Open burning bans and people will still burn leaves. :facepalm:

rain.PNG

DayCruiser

Ensign
Unusual how many States are involved in the drought. Alabama is pretty bad off too. Half our State is involved. Hurricane Matthew helped the other half

DayCruiser

Ensign
Yea some parts of our city, you can't breath with all the burning of leaves in the fall. Trees have been so stress out they started dropping leaves a month ago. Still plenty to fall and burn. Many docks are partially on the ground now. Many just give up on moving them out. One of the big downsides of Lake living. You hate to see it go away for awhile. The fish and the lake birds go with it. The beauty goes with it. Of course things get back to normal. You just don't know when. Months? Years? I think I have seen large parts of the Lake go away for over a year at a time. Just sad!!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
'Toona looked ok about 6 weeks ago when I went to ATL, but haven't made it during daylight hours this trip to Cartersville. Maybe I'll break away early today.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
I boat on the same central PA lake as aspeck and yeah it's in pretty rough shape. We enjoyed a whole summer of nice sunny rain free weekends but we payed for it this fall with the lowest lake levels I've seen. As much as I hate to say it, I hope we have a wet winter and spring.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
'Toona looked ok about 6 weeks ago when I went to ATL, but haven't made it during daylight hours this trip to Cartersville. Maybe I'll break away early today.

The COE is doing the normal draw down and Allatoona will continue dropping until it's down about 15', the Winter full pool level. 5' down right now, Joe. The bathtub ring is very visible.

Lanier is down almost 10' and it provides a lot of drinking water for Atlanta.

The entire East coast needs a wet winter.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They keep talking 'Bama hasn't had rain in a month. Up in WI we've had a bunch during spring, summer and fall......

jkust

Rear Admiral
Crazy, I didn't realize you guys were in a drought situation. Seems like a normal rainy year up here in MN. We got almost no snow last winter so we shall see if the precip continues.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The COE is doing the normal draw down and Allatoona will continue dropping until it's down about 15', the Winter full pool level. 5' down right now, Joe. The bathtub ring is very visible.

Lanier is down almost 10' and it provides a lot of drinking water for Atlanta.

The entire East coast needs a wet winter.

yeah drove across just past exit 183 today and looked pretty normal for this time of year. Too bad the hurricane(s) didn't get a bit deeper inland.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I can start boxing up Mason Jars full of rain water and ship to you if you want, I haven't see the sun for a few weeks now!

:eek:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Pac north west is constantly being slammed by storms this year.

Ezmobee hows it going long time

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I've seen ezmo here and there lately. Glad to see he's back in the mix.....

rbh

Fleet Admiral
^^^ good to hear, hopefully some of the other guys from the past will make an appearance once in a while.

How about you all geared up for plowing yet?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
plowing??? dang - 80+ this weekend and we'll be hitting nickajack to downtown chattanooga for dinner and an overnight back on sunday.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
^^^ good to hear, hopefully some of the other guys from the past will make an appearance once in a while.

Plow has been serviced and ready to go for a little over a month now, new chains and tighteners on the truck, tank full of fuel which will last almost two years, I am good to go!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Nope. Not when I'm sitting in temps in the 80s. That's coming to a screeching halt Sunday...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
we haven't had a drop of rain since Mathew here in central florida but we also don't have a drought yet to speak of thankfully