Nascar Chase Race #6 - At Talladega, Hellmann's 500

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Had a clean restart. 2 laps to and Bowman is spinning. G-W-C coming up.

This restart should do it.

GA_Boater

What a surprise - The overtime finish was clean.

Logano wins and Dillon, Truex, Elliott and Keso are out of the Chase.

jimmy dale is the provisional iFL winner.

boatman37

Lieutenant
well i was in good shape till Alex spun with 3 to go. i think i was in 5th or so. finished 23rd or something. and in my yahoo league i had kes and bowman:facepalm:

i like the idea of the chase but don't like the 3 race segments. two of the best cars all year are now out. truex has arguably been the best car all year and he is out due to bad luck while guys like jimmie and kurt have had decent spurts but definitely not as deserving as truex. oh well

64osby

Admiral
I was hoping for a Miracle, but the sponsorship didn't didn't come through. Got Whipped.

Keso & Truex were supposed to be my big point guys. :facepalm:

Flipped a coin between Keso and Logano, I lost. :rolleyes:

Congrats to Jimmy. :cool:

GA_Boater

jimmy dale pulled off a Miracle Whip right into first place for his 2nd win this season. Congrats on your :first: this week.

In the overall race, TcS is still on top, with 64osby in 2nd by 322 points and 4 races left. Vertical Pedal squeezed around FlaCowboy for 3rd place.

Next up - Martinsville for Cup and Truck. X-Men have the week off.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Didn't even realized Kurt and Kevin had a dust up after the race Sunday, what the heck was that all about?

:eek:

GA_Boater

Didn't even realized Kurt and Kevin had a dust up after the race Sunday, what the heck was that all about?

:eek:

Busch rubbed Harvick on the cool down lap - No idea why. Then it was Harvick being Harvick.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i think Kurt was upset that Kevin was racing him so hard when kevin was already locked in. you see on the last lap kevin was side drafting kurt to try to get by him. most teammates would have had the guy locked in helping the other. i like kevin but i don't blame kurt for being upset and i would THINK stewart and haas would have a chat with kevin over this but i doubt that will happen.
i have to say i was impressed with kurt keeping his composure on camera. wouldn't have been that way a couple years ago

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
i think Kurt was upset that Kevin was racing him so hard when kevin was already locked in. you see on the last lap kevin was side drafting kurt to try to get by him. most teammates would have had the guy locked in helping the other. i like kevin but i don't blame kurt for being upset and i would THINK stewart and haas would have a chat with kevin over this but i doubt that will happen.
i have to say i was impressed with kurt keeping his composure on camera. wouldn't have been that way a couple years ago

I know that was why I was surprised, I remember a time when Kurt would have leaped out of the car and then........................................

GA_Boater

Jimmy Spencer did it better! LOL

And you want me to find that video. :smile:

boatman37

Lieutenant
i remember that. i didn't like kurt back then and was a jimmy fan so was pretty happy with that one....lol