Ok i give up

southkogs

Staff member
... they had MACs when I was hired more than 25 years ago.....Took them about 5 years to get rid of them and go to Winders ...
Actually, that's really funny ... 25 years ago Macs were actually on the down slope. I bailed outta' them about 20 years ago just as Steve Jobs was coming back to the company. And at the time, I felt a Windoze machine was about as good and lots cheaper. I didn't return to Mac until 2005.

If Linux would support the software I need, then I'd be tempted to use it.

Now, I'm going to suspend myself for yet again hijacking this thread ...

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Actually, that's really funny ... 25 years ago Macs were actually on the down slope. I bailed outta' them about 20 years ago just as Steve Jobs was coming back to the company. And at the time, I felt a Windoze machine was about as good and lots cheaper. I didn't return to Mac until 2005.

Now, I'm going to suspend myself for yet again hijacking this thread ...
Yeah.....here we go!!

Smartest thing Apple ever did was to re-write the MAC desktop to run on top of Unix (initially Free BSD Unix).......It allowed them to switch their hardware to Intel/AMD x86 multi-core processors & motherboards etc .......... After Sony abandoned the PPC, Motorola was simply NOT going to develop multi-core Power PC hardware for such a tiny market.....

Well, all kidd'n aside (again) it DOES in many cases for most users.... (I switched in 1999)

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/...ndows_software

I admit though I do have a windows computer running Win10 for Turbotax. I turn it on once in a while so it can do updates.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Well, all kidd'n aside (again) it DOES in many cases for most users.... (I switched in 1999)
I do graphic work - lots of vector design that has to be shared across several users. I think the 3D stuff I do would be supported better via Linux, but the graphics side is still better supported Mac. There's lots of good stuff out there, but the better stuff is Mac based.