Ok i give up

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Best way is to post your pics to Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG Code from PB back into your iBoats thread.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Like this using Option 3. Nice large pics;

WARNING - A Harley was harmed during construction of this thing!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I use Dropbox and use its copy link feature and add my own
code at the beginning and end of the link.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Sounds like its more work then it worth lol

it has to do with the need to manage server space. many forums running VB require either really small pictures or linking the images.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like its more work then it worth lol

It's actually not all that hard once you do it a few times....

The other advantage of using a photo hosting site (or dropbox etc), is you can do the same thing when you email pictures to your recipients. That way you do not have to send the actual file as an attachment........ (which may be too large for some email servers/accounts) You just send the link to the file.

southkogs

Staff member
It's actually not all that hard once you do it a few times....
Agreed - though I will say lately I've been having issue with the links copying in Safari. They work fine in Chrome, but Safari has had some intermittent trouble.

southkogs

Staff member
^^^^ :lol:

I use Safari almost exclusively with few to no substantive problems. In general, I like it over Chrome or Firefox. It's worked fine with Photobucket up until the upgrade to macOS. Now the only thing that doesn't work quite right is copying the image code ... dunno' why.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Agreed - though I will say lately I've been having issue with the links copying in Safari. They work fine in Chrome, but Safari has had some intermittent trouble.

Safari I am sorry to say is not my first choice of browsers....... Konqueror though, is actually a pretty good browser and file manager, which uses KHTML..... Apple actually wrote Webkit from KHTML to use with Safari............ https://konqueror.org/features/browser.php

In fact, I am writing this post using Konqueror............

I don't think you can put it on your MAC though..... You'd have to be using KDE and I don't think there is a KDE for the MAC. (although I could be wrong. KDE is written for all the Unix's)

Originally posted by DeepCMark58A View Post
Get an apple product, makes it so simple.

To be honest.....I bought my wife a Macbook Pro last Xmas....... She seems to like it but everytime I use it I want to drive my boat trailer over it !!

I think I'll stick with LINUX............I can use Konqueror, Firefox, Chrome, Opera (just name a few)......... It just works, it never trys to sell me anything, and I don't have to ask a dead guy(Jobs) for software (it's all free....as in FREE BEER)

southkogs

Staff member
I think I'll stick with LINUX ...

41blwh4qNWL.jpg
:D ;)

OS and browsers are like talking motor oil, ethanol and Stabil. I am something of a Mac snob after so much success with 'em, but I do know a lot of folks have trouble making the switch - sometimes Apple stuff is too intuitive, and you kinda' have to shut things off and tell it to shut-up and do what you told it to.

Weren't we talking about pictures or something? :laugh:

St3v3np

Seaman Apprentice
Im confused i ll try playing with it no promises though im easily frustrated lol

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
OS and browsers are like talking motor oil, ethanol and Stabil. I am something of a Mac snob after so much success with 'em, but I do know a lot of folks have trouble making the switch - sometimes Apple stuff is too intuitive, and you kinda' have to shut things off and tell it to shut-up and do what you told it to.

Weren't we talking about pictures or something? :laugh:

Yeah......I admit, I do like snake oil threads! And, I have been accused of wearing a tin hat sometimes:lol::lol: Something about microwaves!!!!

At the company I work for, they had MACs when I was hired more than 25 years ago.....Took them about 5 years to get rid of them and go to Winders I think they should have went to REDHAT........there goes that tin hat again.....:facepalm::facepalm:

Im confused i ll try playing with it no promises though im easily frustrated lol

All kidd'n aside, once you get one of the free Photobucket, Dropbox accounts etc, just read their instructions on how to share pictures. It will entail doing a "Copy/Paste" operation using a right button "click" of your mouse (or CTRL-C)

to copy and then another right click or CTRL-V to "paste" the entire link of the picture you want into a forum post or email etc.

If you do not know how to do that, watch the following youtube video copy/pasted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0VH3T96FT0