A Moment of Silence..............

WIMUSKY

Staff member
14641974_1003196076493147_8951099309228221428_n.jpg

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Gonna be taking the Chaparral out tomorrow.....76 degrees here in South Central PA.....83 on Wednesday. I love global warming. Lol!!!

tpenfield

Staff member
Winter is actually a beneficial time . . . when I can catch up on all the deferred maintenance on the boats and engines. :D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Sorry up north guys ... Our idea of winterizing down here is just remembering to throw a light jacket in the boat ... :rolleyes:
The bright side is at least ya won't have to cut the grass for a while ! Ohh but then I guess there is that shovel thing that has to be done ..:cold:
Sorry guys hopefully spring comes sooner than later ..

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I like watching snow fall.....from the computer screen while sitting by the pool in winter

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay I give, what is "Winterizing". :sorry:

I use to live in north central/eastern PA and know all about such things. I am glad I don't live there anymore. But then I do NOT like the 100 degree 95% humidity either. So give up one things for another. Oh that remains me, I do have to cut the yard....again. :eek:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Yeah, I lived up north for most of my life. Gave it up to come back down here. No winterizing and whatnot. If my boy wasn't in school I'd be a snowbird and go up north in the summer and back here in late fall through spring.

And yes, I did cut my grass yesterday! :lol:

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry, but my brother-in-law shot a couple of beautiful photos yesterday on the lake: 80 here in Nashville with a beautiful sky.

Might be our last run of the season as I have some traveling coming up, so I "winterized" yesterday - which consists of opening the drain lines, and shoving the boat in the garage.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
southkogs, you can get any beter then blue skies and nice water. :thumb:

I just stopped sand my boat a few minutes ago because the temp was 89 degrees here. Sweat and tired arms told me to stop.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
kogs, I forgot you're in Nashville. We were going thru there during rush hour last Monday... That was a fun time. Think anyone would let me in with the trailer, heck no! Forced my way once, they let you in....... Lol

Bet the cold front went thru up there already. Coming here tonight. Highs down in the 70s. Where's the parka!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
No Title

Sorry, but my brother-in-law shot a couple of beautiful photos yesterday on the lake: 80 here in Nashville

Might be our last run of the season as I have some traveling coming up, so I "winterized" yesterday - which consists of opening the drain lines, and shoving the boat in the garage.

Nice!!! It was 84 here yesterday so I celebrated "National take your boat to work day". Me and a buddy spent a good 4 hours out on the Potomac river. No too bad for the season closer. I hate to put her away......

Attachments

• photo254236.JPG
    photo254236.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo254237.JPG
    photo254237.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 0
  • photo254238.JPG
    photo254238.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah - we're traveling this week, and it's starting to get a little "Fall-ish" 'round Nashville. So, that might be it for us for the year. We'll see.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
A little fallish? Our leaves are gone up north except for the oaks.........

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Nice!!! It was 84 here yesterday so I celebrated "National take your boat to work day". Me and a buddy spent a good 4 hours out on the Potomac river. No too bad for the season closer. I hate to put her away......
Nice! I used to fish the Upper Potomac when I lived in MD. I'd put in south of Hagerstown. Can't remember the name of the launch area but there was a small dam there. Good fishing!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Nice! I used to fish the Upper Potomac when I lived in MD. I'd put in south of Hagerstown. Can't remember the name of the launch area but there was a small dam there. Good fishing!

Probably Williamsport MD launch. Dam 4 is below and dam 5 is above Williamsport. Those are the two areas we boat most often.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Probably Williamsport MD launch. Dam 4 is below and dam 5 is above Williamsport. Those are the two areas we boat most often.
Yup, that's the place! I checked it out on Google Earth and I used to put in at the launch ramp just above Dam #4. Beautiful this time of year. I remember launching one foggy early morning during the peak of fall colors and I couldn't see more than 50 yards, so was slowly motoring upriver when the sun finally peeked over the hills and almost through the fog and it looked like the entire countryside and sky were on fire. But in a beautiful way. One of the most spectacular sunrises I've ever seen in my life!

And yeah, it sucks to put the boat away for winter. Yet another reason that I live here in Florida! Went fishing yesterday and a few of the trees were starting to change color a bit.

fsh3.jpg

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
A few cool sunset pics from Saturday...this is my favorite time of year to be out