MLB

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's one thing to make the WS, it's completely another to win it all. Go Cubbies! I believe it's 5-0 Cubs....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Bottom of the 8th, still 5-0...... Looking good for the Cubs...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cubs win! We'll see if they can pull off the Big One......

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow good game cubbies!.... didn't figure it'd be that easy ....they made it this far now but can't relax till they have the "big one"

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
bruce the way I saw it, and I am a Cubs fan, was a great game, Lester wasn't at his best, Kluber was. Kluber was painting everything, high, low, inside. W/O the freak squib hit and a hit batsman it was another 1-0 game until Maddon brought in Grimm-fairy-tales. I still don't understand why he's on the roster or put in in the 9th inning. Also if you notice the wind was howling in from right. The place to go was left field that was protected by that huge scoreboard/TV. Which is right where Clev. got their 2 HR's.

My question is why isn't Rizzo bunting more for a hit. They're giving him the whole left side again!

Anyways, that's my take on the game.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I think Maddon wrote off the game and that is why he put in Grimm.

3 out of 4 games in the PS, Kluber has been unstoppable.

My question is why isn't Rizzo bunting more for a hit. They're giving him the whole left side again!
True...He did it against the Dodgers.

Will be interesting when the Cubs are home and there is no DH. Makes managing way more important. I hate the DH.

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I think Maddon wrote off the game and that is why he put in Grimm.

3 out of 4 games in the PS, Kluber has been unstoppable.

True...He did it against the Dodgers.

Will be interesting when the Cubs are home and there is no DH. Makes managing way more important. I hate the DH.

Have to agree 100%. Now can Kluber keep it going? Weather forecast for tomorrow night isn't looking good. Already raining hard here and is predicted to rain all day here tomorrow.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
My only hope is that these guys don't send me back to the cardiac unit!! At the very least, 3 more games to go. Have my nitro tabs standing by!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Yep. Big win on the road... Hang in there, bonz!

No way I;m going to stop watching now. Win and lose I've seen some spectacular baseball during these playoffs. Hope it continues throughout The Series!
Just hoping someone doesn't put "he died the truest DieHard Cubs fan" on my headstone if they lose. :eek: :faint2: :lol:

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
After being a Cubs fan for 50+ years, win or lose I'm just thrilled to see them play in the World Series in my lifetime.:)

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
I didn't realize till today that the Indians haven't won a world series since 1948... Guess they're both overdue