didn't know

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the more I see stuff like that, the more I realize that its not that much older than I am in the grand scheme of things.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
it would be cool to find a list of manufacturers that is kept current. I found an old RBBI statistic site that was last updated in 2007 :/

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
If anyone belongs to boc please share. A mod and i had a difference of opinion and i am not welcome there any longer...

tpenfield

Staff member
I flew into Nashville on Sunday . . . did not see that board though.

Although, many of the boat manufacturers had their roots in the 1950's - 1960's. So they would be that old . . .

Baylinerchuck

Commander
I guess technically the name is 60? I remember when they were still manufactured in Cumberland MD. Like most companies in that type of business, mergers, acquisitions, and closings leave little if any of the former company behind. Dog eat dog. It's interesting to read the history of some of these manufacturers. Brunswick included....

southkogs

Staff member
The originator of Bayliner - Orin Edson - is still alive, I believe. He started the company in '57 in Washington (according to an article I read, he was building sailboats back in '55 under the Bayliner name). They're based over in East TN now.