Tonight's Debate - Traffic on Long Island

angus63

Captain
This is not political, repeat, not political!!!

I have the unfortunate distinction of having the debate smack dab in the path of my commute from home to the Academy where I teach. It was a zoo of media and security when I passed by at 0630 hr and I am planning for a multi hour return home as a result. I going to check traffic maps later and I am prepared to spend the night on my office futon if what I expect comes to fruition. Long Island is closed tonight.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I feel for you

pretty similar to when the pres or one of the candidates tours something in St Pete. its an island, getting back home took me an extra 6 hours

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I added to the thread title, Angus. Just to play safe.

I lived in Houston when HW was VP and Pres. It seemed like every time he came home, I was on the wrong end of town. :eek:

Hope the futon is comfy. :D

There will be NO comment allowed that is the slightest bit political in nature!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Why during MNF? I'll be bouncing back and forth. I'm tied in Fantasy and we both have 1 player tonite......

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
If we are debating traffic on Long Island, why would that get political?
In Canada we blame our politicians for lots of things.... the usual.... plus sometimes the weather.... but not usually traffic.... :)

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
I'm sure glad I don't live there. But I guess it has to be somewhere, and security is important. Good luck to all.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we usually do not watch, but we are going to make it a drinking game. Not sure what the word will be, but whenever it is said, take a shot. It started with evildoers

angus63

Captain
My commute home normally takes 1.5 hrs at worst ( just over 1hr on avg) took 2.25 hrs but I am home sleeping in my own bed tonight. Going to sleep by 9pm. Don't tell me what happens...

aspeck

Staff member
Hey angus... The winner wins ... LOL! Sorry to be the spoiler!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I'll prolly fall asleep after about a half hour into it ... I usually do ... when I wake up the media tells me who won anyhoo ...
I did get stuck at an intersection once when GWB came to town .... Took about 20 mins for them to go through ... Or it seemed that long ...

gm280

Supreme Mariner

I have seen many typical interviews on the street like that and they were equally funny. One guy/reporter asked people on the street what they thought about Donald Trump's son killing a "Triceratops" and then posing with it. Oh the people were funny to hear their opinions about killing an "endangered species" and posing with it like it was a great trophy. Totally amazing to see such things from people that really should know better. :pound:

angus63

Captain
Today was tough in the morning but this afternoon was average. Caravans of news crews littered the parkways all morning. Saw some of the Fox News gals doing a shoot outside of Hofstra. Hubba Hubba!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well that would be a good reason to stop and get informed on the news of the day for sure !!