NFL - Week 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thursday Night Football is underway in Foxboro. Texans vs Patriots.

At 7:30 in the 1st Q. NE has a 3 and out with 6 yards of offense. Houston is a little better with 15 plays gaining 48 total yards.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Haha. Thanks GA, I had no idea what the rush was, just like last week. These weeks fly too fast. Glad I made my picks early. Looks like this game was pretty much a split. I went with Houston......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Does Houston have a D??????

Not bad for a 3rd string QB.....

GA_Boater

I flipped a coin and it stayed on edge for a while and finally fell heads for Houston. Of course with less than a minute left in the 1st period, NE is leading 10-0. :facepalm: Houston's D may be JJ Watt.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Texans look pathetic...... Early nite for me.....

GA_Boater

Minnie Mouse could play QB for the Pats and their game wouldn't suffer much.

Minnie Mouse would help Houston, too. :eek:

tpenfield

Staff member
I stayed up for the whole game, which I normally don't do for the night games. 27-0 :eek: Nobody was thinking that sort of a score.

The 3rd string QB (Brissett) was OK . . . passing not great, but he used his legs to make up the difference. Defense and special teams stepped up big time.

This will probably be one of the more memorable Pats games in that Belichick designed the game around the players he had (and didn't have). You don't often see that sort of a result from an ad hoc game plan.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
How right you are, Ted. I figured with Brisset playing against the Houston D, it would be a low scoring affair, but Houston would come out on top by a field goal ... and that is why they play the game instead of just on paper. Belicheat is an amazing COACH ... but his desire to win pushes the limits of legality. It is not enough for Belicheat to be good ... he has to be exponentially better than the opposition!

tpenfield

Staff member
Belicheat :D :rolleyes: . . . Roger Goodell is probably scratching his head right now trying to figure out how he does it . . .

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Funny how so many are jealous of Belicheck. He just out coaches people including the lame Houston coach.

bassman284

Commander
I just read that Brissett is out with a thumb injury so I guess we get to find out if NE's 4th string QB can get the job done.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Maybe Garoppolo will be back...... Yep, I see something else that "still" hasn't been fixed.....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
No national anthem protests during the Viking game. That's refreshing.....

Picked the Vikes a couple days ago. FChanged to the Panthers this a.m. Switched back to the Vikes a couple minutes ago. Then heard the Panthers hasn't lost at home since 2014? Switched back to Carolina.... Go Vikes!

GA_Boater

No national anthem protests during the Viking game. That's refreshing.....

Picked the Vikes a couple days ago. FChanged to the Panthers this a.m. Switched back to the Vikes a couple minutes ago. Then heard the Panthers hasn't lost at home since 2014? Switched back to Carolina.... Go Vikes!

So who did you pick? :confused: LOL