Rest In Peace, Molly

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Our cat of 16 years, we got her at 8 weeks old. Never wanted or needed much, but she was my constant indoor companion. Was always right next to me in my chair or on the couch, and always laid right next to me in bed. She was most content when I rested my hand on her... she'd purr herself to sleep. After a few minor illnesses in the last year, she suddenly developed a tumor on her back that pressed against her spinal cord. Completely paralyzed her hind legs in the space of 36 hours.

I took her to the vet knowing she wouldn't be coming back home with me, and held her while she went to sleep for the last time. I miss my little buddy. Don't forget me, Molly. I'll be along eventually, and we can sit together again.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Sorry to hear that JoLin it is always difficult to loose one of our friends furry or otherwise.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sorry to read this, JoLin. Our fuzzy friends usually don't ask for much from us except a scratch between the ears every once in a while.

RIP, Molly.

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry to hear of your loss, John. It's so tough to lose a good friend like that.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sad to read. Pets are people too to so many of us. I truly know what you are going through. Peace be with you JoLin. Furry friends are always the best.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Thank you all for the kind words. Not my first pet, and not the first time I've mourned the loss of one, but she was most special to me. We were together a long time, and I'm grateful for that.

Last edited:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Sorry about Molly... one of our cats is special like that to me. Sounds like Molly found the right human to spend her life with.