College Football 2016

sam60

Captain
No worries, I'm looking forward to that game also. Nebraska was favored over Ore but I worry more about 6:30 PM CT.

bassman284

Commander
Ok, I'm going to rant here. Watching PSU-Mich and I just saw the worst targeting call of the season (IMO). PSU player diving for an interception. Mich player had fallen down but gets back up in time to stick his helmet in front of the airborn PSU player's shoulder pad. PSU guy ejected. This rule is out of control and enforcement is wildly inconsistent.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
So far so good ... 21-3 Gators at half ..
Gator D playing well ! Applebee getting it done so far ... Hope they keep it up !

WIMUSKY

Staff member
MSU got knocked around by WI.....

MI knocked PSU around...

Duke was 3 td underdogs and beat ND by 3 at ND. ND is 1 - 3.....

Glad me and the kid put 100 miles on the rod plus a car show instead of watching MSU. I don't think neither one of us are old enough to hear what the wife was probably saying......

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Welp , I guess they were tired of losing this one.. 11 game streak is over ...
Lots of happy UT fans ... Congrats !
What a second half collapse .... Just glad it's still early in the season ..

RGrew176

Commander
Ok, I'm going to rant here. Watching PSU-Mich and I just saw the worst targeting call of the season (IMO). PSU player diving for an interception. Mich player had fallen down but gets back up in time to stick his helmet in front of the airborn PSU player's shoulder pad. PSU guy ejected. This rule is out of control and enforcement is wildly inconsistent.

Yeah, that was a bad call IMO. But as the rule is written the call had to be made. Last year a Michigan player was ejected from the Michigan State game and he pulled up trying to avoid the MSU player that fell towards him and their helmets met. Its a good rule but there needs to be some more latitude in interpretation. BTW I am a Michigan fan and I agree with your assessment of the situation. The idea behind the rule is good sometimes the resulting calls may not seem legit.

RGrew176

Commander
It was a great football day for me. I am a Michigan fan and they did spank Penn State. I was mildly surprised how badly Wisconsin beat Michigan State. I was hoping that Michigan State and Michigan would both be unbeaten when they meet next month. Wisconsin is a good team beating both MSU and LSU. They are for real and they come to Ann Arbor next Saturday and I expect they will give Michigan all they can handle. Hope that Michigan wins, GO BLUE.

Seeing Notre Dame get beat again made my day. I can't stand ND and anytime they lose its a good day for me.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
UCLA took one on the chin. All Stanford seems to have is McCaffrey. You would think he would free up the the secondary making for a good passing game too. Stanford should be the complete package. They didn't pass much untl the end and marched down the field...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looks like Stanford at Washington tonite on ESPN at 8 central. Should be a good game. Ranked 7 & 10 respectively....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So much for a good game, Stanford is getting smoked.....,

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I suppose. I didn't care who won, just would have liked to have seen a close game...