College Football 2016

aspeck

Staff member
Since several have mentioned College Football, and Sam didn't start his thread, I will start it for him. Post your college football thoughts here, but remember, keep it civil and respectful of others teams it is (pick your rival team here). LOL!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Going to Knoxville as probably a touchdown underdog ... Backup QB ... May as well make it 12 in a row ! All the pressure is on the Vols ! 100,000 + in the stands Should be fun !!
Go Gators !!!
Is Louisville That good ? Or is FSU just so so ?

aspeck

Staff member
Is Louisville That good ? Or is FSU just so so ?

I am thinking a little bit of both! Their Louisville defense held FSU in check and the offense could have scored a couple more TD's!

Will miss the PSU game this weekend ... Memorial service ... but, well, it has the potential to be ugly in Ann Arbor ... PSU has an offense for the first time in a few years, but the NFL took too big a chunk of the defense and what was left, most of them are injured! Could be a long year ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I am thinking a little bit of both! Their Louisville defense held FSU in check and the offense could have scored a couple more TD's!

Will miss the PSU game this weekend ... Memorial service ... but, well, it has the potential to be ugly in Ann Arbor ... PSU has an offense for the first time in a few years, but the NFL took too big a chunk of the defense and what was left, most of them are injured! Could be a long year ...

It's going to be extreeeeemly tough in the Big House. Hope they can pull it off tho......

RGrew176

Commander
Once Big 10 play begins its a new season. On any given day any team can beat any other team. That said, GO BLUE.

aspeck

Staff member
RGrew, my heart tells me that about Saturday, but my head tells me our offense MIGHT be able to keep up with Michigan for a while, but the Penn State defense won't be able to stop anyone ... another linebacker out for the season ... White-Wartman, Cabinda, Bell ... all out for extended periods of time. Lot's of other guys banged up ... and this was a thin and young defense BEFORE the injuries ... Franklin said he was going to see who was available on waiver wire (LOL) and maybe go to an all student tryout to see if he can get bodies to fill the gaps!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Michigan should win big. I will be surprised if it's close.

sam60

Captain
Since several have mentioned College Football, and Sam didn't start his thread, I will start it for him. Post your college football thoughts here, but remember, keep it civil and respectful of others teams it is (pick your rival team here). LOL!

Thanks Art! We all need back-ups now and then....

sam60

Captain
And the Utes come from being down by 10 in the middle of the 3rd for the win over usc.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hey, I like USC. Have for years.......... It started when Marcus Allen played......

Torn between MSU and WI today.......

bassman284

Commander
Iowa finally manages to score on Rutgers with :34 in the half. This is a truly awful game.

sam60

Captain
Flipping between Iowa/Rutgers, WI/MSU & hula hoeing weeds in the ditch. Go Hula Hoe! :grumpy:

bassman284

Commander
Well the Hawks did manage to win 14-7 but it was a little scary. The play of the game was when our top defensive back stomped on the ankle of Rutgers' top receiver at the end of a 75 yard pass play and put him out of the game. And I'm not really being funny.

bassman284

Commander
Oh, sam, in my bitterness over our loss last week I forgot to congratulate you on Nebraska's big win over Oregon. Very well done, Big Red! Hopefully we can give you guys a game at the end of the season but there is definitely work to be done.