NFL - Week 2

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, I hope you all got your picks in for last Thu game. I was out of town, made my picks, but, forgot about a thread....:facepalm:

Looks like the Jets had a wild one with the Bills.

Brady was playing catch today with Harbaugh. They made him an honorary captain at Michigan.

Speaking of college, #2 FSU was hammered by #10 Louisville. #1 'Bama squeeked out a win against #19 Ole Miss. North Dakota State beat #13 Iowa... :eek: Just a few notables........

Am I seeing FishyFish at the top of the list??????!!!!!!!! Good job Fish.......

Going to UMD to see my daughter tomorrow. Hope to be back in time to see the Vikings put the smackdown on the Packers and start the new stadium with a Viking win!

Good Luck All......

Musky

Ps. MSU is spanking ND!!!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Can't forget Nebraska over the Ducks, another upset.

GA_Boater

GA just managed to pull it out over Mizzou. We will be seeing some ranking changes.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Almost forgot to make the rest of my picks for this week .... Not that it really matters .. :facepalm: :lol:
I gotta rethink the GB / Minn game ... My head thinks GB ... But dang we almost took em last week so maybe the Vikings can win ..
No one has started a college thread yet this year ...Maybe sam60 will soon ... Seems like a lot of upsets so far ..
Looks like we might be without Luke Delrio for the Volunteers this week after the late hit he took yesterday ..:crutch:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yeah, I went with the Vikes. I just hope all the hype with the new stadium will carry 'em to a win....... I'm not even sure they announced a QB yet, I would be willing to bet it will be Bradford....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Go Vikes! I see they're still ahead of the Cheese Curds. Diggs is having a good nite... Just started watching football today....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
AP left the field with a knee injury. Done for tonite, at least.....

GA_Boater

The Vikings opened the new stadium with a win. Darn it! LOL

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Atta way Vikes! Christened the stadium with a win against GB.... :whoo::cheer2::bounce::clap2:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congrats Musky !
I knew I should have changed my pick ....
My team gets it handed to em every time they go to the west coast ... To the point of laughable ... :facepalm: :lol:

aspeck

Staff member
I thought it was a bad decision for the Pack to go for the first down on 4th and a LONG yard instead of the chip shot field goal that would have tied the game. Those lost 3 points made a difference down the stretch. Congrats Vikes on the win in the new stadium!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks phelps. The stars just seem to align......

Packers 1st TD was because of all the MN penalties. I believe the Pack had 20+ yds and add another 40+ yards in penalties during that drive....

We'll see how bad AP is hurt. He couldn't even put any pressure on his knee when they carried him off.

Great win......

At the same time, Jordy got me some fantasy points.... Along with the Vikings D.... And my rookie wife got her 1st win....

bassman284

Commander
I managed to take my rightful place at the bottom of the pack. At least I have Angus for company.

angus63

Captain
I have been picking with my heart. I have a heavy heart obviously...

aspeck

Staff member
It took till late in the 3rd quarter, but the Bears are finally playing down to their potential ... Bears fans are missing Robbie Gould, but they have a chance now that Hoyer is in at QB ... if they could quit fumbling the ball!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
It's going to be a long, cold winter for us Chicago fans... at least we have the Blackhawks!