9/11 Remberance

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
[FONT=&quot]15 Years ago, this nation suffered a horrible tragedy which ultimately united this country in a way that had not been seen since WWI and WWII.

I personally lost a shipmate in the pentagon and many other individuals lost loved ones.

I was on a US Navy ship, we had an emergency sortie and went to sea patrolling our coastline and protecting our freedoms.

Please honor all the fallen victims of
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]this terrible tragedy and by observing a moment of silence and respect for our country.

I was one of the lucky ones, I made it home.

All ways remember and never forget.

Thank You Veterans. Thank You America
[/FONT]

angus63

Captain
No Title

This is a memorial fabricated by one of my students at USMMA. It is a steel scale replica of the towers supporting a piece of the towers given to our school for efforts during the recovery. Midshipmen stand watch in sight of lower Manhatten facing Ground Zero each 11SEP. It follows in the Academy's Motto "Acta Non Verba." Translated means Deeds Not Words. Always remember...

Attachments

• photo252254.jpeg
    photo252254.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Nicely done Angus. Compliments to the creator and the Mids who stood watch.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Harritwo - thank you for your service, and for sharing that video. I'm going to share it with my family. That's about all the words I can get out right now...

angus63

Captain
Redneck Joe- I was a witness to NY Harbor and the efforts after 9/11. Proud to be part of the NY Harbor Merchant Mariner family. That video is on our Alumni website, as many Academy alumni are featured. Thanks!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Redneck Joe- I was a witness to NY Harbor and the efforts after 9/11. Proud to be part of the NY Harbor Merchant Mariner family. That video is on our Alumni website, as many Academy alumni are featured. Thanks!
I did not know of this until a couple years ago and cannot watch it without becoming a ball baby and would only hope i could be as good as these folks.

I think my friend from my other forum had his boy go thru you.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I spent a lot of time with moist eyes on Sunday, remembering those I lost on 9/11/01, I miss my friends.

Sunday was a hard day for me, and I suspect that day will be difficult for the rest of my life.

Rest in Peace folks, we all miss you...................