Turkeys complicate winterizing

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Actually we've had peacocks this year. I have never ever seen wild peacocks before, but for some strange reason they showed up this year. We've spotted them three different times now and a lot of them when we spot them as well. :noidea:

My neighbor used to keep peacocks and they ranged all over the mountain and would follow me around when I was working on things, talk about a pain!

aspeck

Staff member
Hey, did you hear the one about the 3 turkeys that walked into a shop?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Once went to a friends brothers barn where he had some birds just to check them out.It quite the thing to see 100 6 foot plus birds scrambling all over each other in their rush to run over to the fence to check you out.They were Emu,s.Nice lean meat and one egg can feed a 1/2 dozen people.Very curious birds.

dwco5051

Commander
My neighbor used to keep peacocks and they ranged all over the mountain and would follow me around when I was working on things, talk about a pain!
I used to have Guinea fowl. They loved to hear the wood splitter start and would come running to get grubs that would be under the bark.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Ha! A male turkey is called a Jake! Funny!

A juvenile male turkey is called a jake, once mature they are called a tom. I have a flock of 20 that come thru I have no desire to have them around or eat them they mess with the deer.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I was just trying my hand at thinly veiled bad comedy. I was searching for "jive turkey" and maybe a giggle. Being from long island we don't really see turkeys too often so I couldn't relate. Just having some fun with some terrible humor. We were typing at the same time though so I didn't see post 12.

I caught it....... :)

We have turkeys everywhere up here too. They were planted a few years ago and now you see them on any road you travel. I guess they can survive our winters......

82rude

Rear Admiral
WIMUSKY we have a healthy population up here also.Kinda funny seeing them with their little toque's and booties on.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Weather does not bother turkey's at all, we have them all over the place year around.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yep, i am outside traverse city mich. Turkeys are plentiful, right up until you grab your gun and set out the decoys