Nascar Race #26 - The End Of The Race To The Chase At Richmond

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This is final race before 16 drivers begin the first Chase elimination round next week at Chicago. X-Men and Truck use a different schedule for Chase races and don't begin their shorter Chase until later.

Here is the current Chase grid before Richmond;

chasegrid.PNG

Buescher is currently in 30th with a win and 11 points ahead of the 31st spot. He needs to stay at 30th or better to join the Chase. Of course there are many, many scenarios for the 4 drivers on the bottom of the grid and and even many drivers not in the grid. A new winner can really shake it up, as Buescher did when he won the rain shortened race at Pocono. We'll know all the Chasers at the end of the the race Saturday evening.

From MRN, the weekend schedule for X-Men and Cup. Trucks are back in action next week at Chicago;

richsched.PNG

There are 41 names on the entry list to fill the 40 spots. Weather shouldn't be a problem this week (famous last words) and only very slight rain chances.

News and Notes
  • The big thing this week is Darlington penalties. Newman and Larson were hit with a 15 point loss of driver points and the teams got dinged as well. No big thing for Larson since he got his first win a couple of races ago. but Newman has no wins and losing the 15 points puts him out of the top 16 in points and in danger of not making the Chase. A total of 8 Cup drivers were penalized.
  • Many expected some form of penalty for the Truck finish between Custer and Nemecheck, but Nascar has let it slide, just like Nemecheck. :rolleyes: I see Custer nominated for an ESPY award for the best tackle! :cool:
  • Harvick is swapping a couple of over the wall pit crew members from the #10 team after throwing the pit crew under the bus after Darlington.
  • TV ratings - Another hard time when facing off against the Notre Dame/Texas FBS game. Ratings were down from last year and is the lowest rated Darlington race in at least 12 years.

iBOATS Fantasy Live
Trackchick Stars snagged a 3rd :first: of the season at Darlington. Congrats, TcS. TcS is still the overall leader, as well​

Don't forget to make any roster changes before the race Saturday evening. Good luck!

Humpty

humpy.PNG

GA_Boater

Qualifying results; Hamlin on the pole followed by Larson, Kenseth, McMurray, Busch41, Truex Jr., Kahne, Dillon, Shrubby, Johnson, Gordon and bring up the rear, Logano.

Xfinity kicks off about 7:45.

GA_Boater

The Twerp wins another Xfinity race. :facepalm:

X-Reg Erik Jone came in second.

GA_Boater

Yellow #1 for Blaney into the wall. Only 11 laps in.

GA_Boater

#3 for Elliott cutting a tire after contact with....................Gordon. :eek:

GA_Boater

4th caution for Johnson cutting a tire and eating the wall.

aspeck

Staff member
Guess I didn't get to pick any bonuses ... winner or manufacturer ... oopsie!

GA_Boater

I made my bonus picks, big whoop - You are still doing better than I am, Art. :blue:

aspeck

Staff member
I didn't get to trade out Cole Whitt either ... so I am running on 4 drivers and no bonus ...

GA_Boater

#7 for Menard trying to dent the outside wall. It didn't work!

GA_Boater

#8 for Mears being spun by Dibenedetto retaliating for earlier contact :smile:

GA_Boater

Restart, yellow, restart, yellow! Latest for The Dinger with a tire, about 4 laps after the latest restart.

GA_Boater

#12 yellow for Kenseth from a tire going down from contact on the restart, nudged the wall.

GA_Boater

The Dinger brings out the 13th caution. 15 is the record and 54 laps are left to run!

GA_Boater

#14 for Dibenedetto. Must be the racing gods getting even. LOL

40 laps left.