Nascar Race #24 - Pure Heart Racing And X-Brats

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The races this weekend are at Michigan with Cup and Trucks for the Pure Michigan 400 and Truck are racing in the Careers for Vets 200, While X-Men are grilling brats at the Mid-Ohio road course in the 180 Fired Up By Johnsonville. The Cup and Truck schedule from MRN and the BratRace times from Nascar.com; PureMI.PNG
bratwurst.PNG

The Cup race has 40 names on the list, so no fighting to make the race. Brooklyn, Mi has some rain chances over the weekend, but nothing like Bristol. Fingers crossed!

News and Notes
  • Dale Jr. will miss the next two races Bowman will fill in at Michigan and Jeff Gordon will fill the seat at Darlington.
  • 5 teams flunked pre-race or pre-qualifying laser inspections. Shrubby got his 4th warning so he loses pit stall selection this week.
  • Kurt Busch's lead lap finishes record stops at 22 races. Until Bristol with a DNF, he finished on the lead lap in every race this year.
  • The Dusk-To-Dusk Bristol race, or as 64osby named it, the 24 Hours of Bristol didn't miss the cause of a single debris caution. Is that a record?
  • The Shrubbster is being the whiny Shrubbster. He had a presumed shock failing for untold laps and as he is losing control, contact was made with the #46 of Michael Annett. According to Shrubby, the contact was the 46's fault because Busch was spinning out of control and the #46 should have avoided him., ignoring the fact that he could have come in for a repair and saved wrecking the car. Annett missed the race due to having the flu and Justin Allgaier was subbing. This is for you, Twerp. :violin:
  • TV ratings - A split decision! Saturday the rating was 2.5, topping last year's race which had a 2.1. Then the rains came and postponed the race to Sunday, resulting in a 1.5 final rating. I guess this shows fans like Saturday night racing at Bristol.

iboats Fantasy Live
Trackchick Stars was a wrecking crew at Bristol. A :first: was well deserved. Congrats, TcS. You also padded your overall lead over Vertical Pedal.​
Hope some one can pick the 1st through 5th place finishers. Trackchick Stars is embarrassing us with all the good picks! Good luck. Even TcS. :smile

The Humpster
humpy.PNG

Attachments

• bratwurst.PNG
    bratwurst.PNG
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying results have Logano on the pole. The rest of the 12 final rounders are Johnson, Hamlin, Harvick, Elliott, Alex Bowman, Blaney, McMurray, Edwards, Newman, Kahne and finally, Larson.

Bowman in 6th did a good job filling in driving the #88'

News and Notes - Update
  • Michigan will be using the 3rd lower downforce package of the season. Will they ever stop fiddling around? :eek:
  • Probably not!

64osby

Admiral
Pouring rain and lightning here on the west side of the state, but the east side looks clear for the race today. Storms due at 4pm at the track. Might play into some end of race playing for position.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i have been to Michigan for a few races ('89, '90, '98, '99, and '04 all June races). seems like it rains every time all morning then the sun comes out and its sunny and beautiful the rest of the day

64osby

Admiral
It's a good thing I'm not a weatherman. Then again I would be as accurate as they are. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

It's a good thing I'm not a weatherman. Then again I would be as accurate as they are. :facepalm:

More accurate, 64. You are smart enough to look out the window, I don't think they are. :D

jkayski's Twitter is interesting - He's trying to do the X-Men at Road America and Trucks at MIS at the same time!

GA_Boater

Moffit won the Truck race at MIS and McDowell won the X-Men road race in overtime.

GA_Boater

Warm up laps now and a competition caution at lap 20. Kind of overcast - Stay away rain!

Green flag with Logano on the pole.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Will watch some of the race. Usually they spread all around the track at MI. Watching the Vikes 1st game in their new stadium.....

GA_Boater

Halfway with Johnson in 1st. Only 19 on the lead lap and just the 2 cautions so far.

GA_Boater

35 laps to go. Only 14 cars on the lead lap. I think the new downforce package is terrible.

GA_Boater

Interesting situation, Harvick ran over over Logano's airhose and the impact wrench flew into pit road. A penalty for the #22?

GA_Boater

The Admiral wins and I'm making her breakfast in bed - On Wednesday when it is official. Not going to rush into this. :rofl:

For WIMUSKY - A Cup driver won the race. LOL

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Glad to see Larson win his first, must be an awesome feeling to finally break the ice for him, Way to go Kyle...