Nascar Race #23 - The Bristol Stomp

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The racing this weekend is a the the Bristol Motor Speedway. Cup, X-Men and Truck are on the card, along with Whelen Modified. A lot of track activity on a little short track. Whelen and Trucks race tonight, X-er's go at it Friday night and Cup hits the track Saturday night. As of this writing, Trucks have already had 2 practice sessions. From MRN, the schedule;

bris2.PNG

40 Cup entries this week and weather may cause some delays with rain chances through Saturday night and beyond.

News and Notes
  • Including Bristol only 4 races remain if the Race to the Chase. Some of the drivers in the top 30 in points and no wins may take desperate measures and take chances to qualify for the Chase.
  • Erik Jones is moving to full time Cup next year at Furniture Row along side Martin Truex Jr. No word if he will be staying for more than a year.
  • Jeff Gordon won a race - A charity go-kart race at Knoxville. Smoke, Kasey Kahne and Lyle Larson also participated.
  • TV ratings were down for the Watkins Glen Cup race. Major competition from the Olympics. No word if The Glen did set an attendance record as they hoped.

iboats Fantasy Live
Sad news for boatman - jimmy dale kept his lugnuts on and passed inspection, hanging on for a slim 2 point advantage. jimmy dale wins for the first time this season and now has one of these - :first:. Congrats, jimmy.
Trackchick lost a overall few points to Vertical Pedal, but still has a healthy 215 point lead.​

Don't forget to finish your iFL picks before race time on Saturday evening. Good luck!

Humpty

humpy.PNG

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying - Edwards on the pole, followed by Hamlin, Shrubby, Blaney, Kenseth, Elliott, Turex Jr., The Ding, Keso, Logano, Gordon and Buescher.

Green flag for the X-ers. On the USA Network.

GA_Boater

Austin Dillon steals another win and points from an X-Man. Allgaier came in 2nd in an overtime finish.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The Olympics are on, who has time for NASCAR..... :)

GA_Boater

Watching between Lochte reports. Maybe I should watch during Lochte reports? :confused:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep, those arrogant Americans.......... I don't feel sorry for him and all the endorsements he'll be losing.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yep, those arrogant Americans.......... I don't feel sorry for him and all the endorsements he'll be losing.....

Awe come on, there always has to be a soap opera when the Olympics are going on!

GA_Boater

I don't know? Not many Russians are competing and their whole Para-Olympic team is banned, too.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ok, "usually" us. Seriously about the ParaOlympic? That's sad..... But then, so is Putin.....

sam60

Captain
I caught 1/2 hour of Olympic mountain biking today....grueling sport.

GA_Boater

I wonder how soggy this race will be. The dryers keep hitting the track for small showers.

BTW - The Russians were banned here. LOL

GA_Boater

The rain is missing the track, the track is dry, motors are running and the cars are on the track.

Green flag!