Show us your guns

gm280

Supreme Mariner
When we, my two adult sons and myself, were still hunting, we had bought two TC Renegade 50 cal Hunters and I used a CVA 50 and 58 cal percussion myself. I can tell you that 58 cal was/is a ground stomper. You better be ready when you pull that trigger. I never been kicked by a mule, but I think it could be the same. :noidea:

aspeck

Staff member
So I can most likely kill my zombie targets at 50yrds then?

I have a flintlock CVA .50 that was bought as a kit and I put it together about 30 years ago! Small amounts of powder in the flash pan and a mid-level powder load make it accurate with the open sites to about 75 yards. Longest kill shot was 100 yards (I personally will not shoot any further than that with it, and at that range everything has to be perfect). I once loaded the pan too hot and it took forever to flash ... shot at a running deer at 15 yards ... aimed about 5 yards in front of it and dropped the deer following the one I was shooting at with a perfect heart/lung shot. Like I said, too much powder in the pan and it will take FOREVER to go boom, and a lot of smoke before BOOM!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Boy that's what you really call leading your target!! Aim 1 1/2 deer ahead,lol.The p caps are pretty well instant or as close as possible.I already had my dream gun and let it go years ago to which I'm ever regretful.Brno zzk .375 h and h magnum safari grade rifle.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Now that I think about it ive got a Winchester model 50 semi auto 12 gauge shotgun.I believe the extractor ? is worn.Can I still get internal parts for it?It was born 6 months after me on November 11 1958.Though I prefer my Weatherby pump 12 gauge id like to get it fixed if possible.Though the pump is made in Turkey its a tuff,smooth,well made shotgun and the more I use it the more I like it.