Show us your guns

82rude

Rear Admiral
Here,s one of my rifles.1955 mosin-nagent 7.62x54r Never issued ,only ever fired by me in 1990! 1 00 percent numbers matching.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
How much time do you have, I have got to take some pictures so I can post them, but it could take a while!

:D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Oh yes that is a tapered rimmed case if I remember correctly. And if I also remember, we bought some factory rounds that had a very large primers in them. Even larger then large rifle primers. We still have that rifle and reloading dies for ours as well. Yours looks to be in very nice condition. Did you get the bayonet with it?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Oh yes that is a tapered rimmed case if I remember correctly. And if I also remember, we bought some factory rounds that had a very large primers in them. Even larger then large rifle primers. We still have that rifle and reloading dies for ours as well. Yours looks to be in very nice condition. Did you get the bayonet with it? Yes the pig sticker is actually on it in the pic.I see lots of the nagents for sale used,that one is actually as close to bran new as you could get.It was found in Poland years ago in an armory totally forgotten and still in the factory shipping crate along with several hundred others.They had been shipped to the armory in 1955 and forgotten all about til 1990.Its had 1 box of civilian ammo through it that's all.Took me hours and hours to clean the cosmoline off and out of her.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Couple of weeks ago, a Cab***** in Ohio had a case of 20 brand new ones that they were trying to sell, had the bayonets and still in the packing grease along with the military shipping case and all of the original stuff that came with them, they wanted like $5995.00 plus shipping for the whole case.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Couple of weeks ago, a Cab***** in Ohio had a case of 20 brand new ones that they were trying to sell, had the bayonets and still in the packing grease along with the military shipping case and all of the original stuff that came with them, they wanted like $5995.00 plus shipping for the whole case.

That's like $300 each. If I had a $6k firearms budget, I'd be interested. It's a unique (I think) set.

82rude

Rear Admiral
MT Were talking the mosins here?Its amasing they still come up never issued but I guess they made millions of them to push back you American imperialist dogs back in the day so I can see there being new /oldies still around .Mine is deadly accurate right out of the wrapper.Some of the greatest snipers of ww2 used the mosin-nagent.Though I never got one there was an irish find of never issued lee endfields around the same time as I got my rifle ,boy I regret not getting one of them.Up here in Canada more moose have been shot by 303 british endfields probably.. than any other rifle .Nice collection Captiancrisp.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
MT Were talking the mosins here?Its amasing they still come up never issued but I guess they made millions of them to push back you American imperialist dogs back in the day so I can see there being new /oldies still around .Mine is deadly accurate right out of the wrapper.Some of the greatest snipers of ww2 used the mosin-nagent.

Yup, we are talking Mosin's, I read the ad a couple of weeks ago, many guys were saying the military shipping box was worth more than the guns. Actually they were made for the regular infantry to use against the Germans, based on the Military history classes I was required to take to graduate officers school, I don't believe they were ever used in an organized effort against the American's

Hmmm "American Imperialist Dogs" Now that is interesting!

:eek::D

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
MT got the expression off of 1950,s war movies.Chinese saying at least in the movies.Sorry when I talk mosins I'm usually talking about ones like mine that were made in the 50,s not wartime or prewar.Yes mosins were standard issue to the reds during the big war and actually the one before also.

southkogs

Staff member
Nice gun 82rude.

I got to shoot an authentic long rifle in .50 (I think it was late 1860s). Fun to shoot just 'cuz of how different it was. From the trigger trip, the discharge had a really slight delay that you could notice while everything was igniting.

Did some reading on 'em a few years ago and read about a group Gen Washington organized during the Revolution. According to what I read, these guys were doing 500 yard shots open sights. Surprising how accurate the guns can be.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
I don't have pics of them but I do have a Mosin as well as Black powder .50 cal myself (my .50 isn't as pretty as that Hawkins though). along with a multitude of other toys that go bang.

this year visiting my dad in FL he gave me my grandfather's .32 cal black powder pistol. they gave it to my grandpa in 1976 for his birthday. It has never been fired. My dad keeps asking if I have shot it yet. someday I might go through it and clean everything up and give it a whirl.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Ever since I saw Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford ive hankered after a Hawken.Bought it a couple of years ago and boy its fun to shoot. Its got a pretty good kick when loaded close to max.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Once we, the wife and I, actually laid out our gun collection on the great room floor to see what we have. OMG, that scared us both. We actually ran out of floor space and it looked like a typical police photo when they score a huge arsenal after a huge drug bust. We quickly put them back into the safe and never did that again.

Back a few years ago now, actually longer then that now that I really think about it, I was certified by the DCM (Department of Civilian Marksmanship Program) to buy one of their M1 Garands. I receive a Springfield Armory model that was like new. And at that time the rifle cost me a mere $64 dollars with $100 dollars paperwork costs. That rifle is so nice and flawless that I couldn't ask for a nice model. I could go on and on, but I won't for now...