Nascar Race #21 - PEnnsylvania 6-5000 from Pocono

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The next Cup race is the Pennsylvania 400 coming to us from Pocono. Trucks are also on tap at Pocono. X-Men, with NO Buschwhackers are at Iowa this week. Here is the MRN schedule;

Pocosched.PNG

Only 40 drivers on the entry list this week, including Gordon filling for Dale Jr. Weather may be an issue with thunderstorms forecast through Sunday.

News And Notes
  • Sad news - Guy Fieri is the Pocono Grand Marshall. :blue:
  • More sad news - Gordon may be in the 88 longer than anticipated. Dale Jr. said "This process is going to take a little bit longer. ... With my history, I don't need to get cute (in returning),"
  • Superspeedway (Dega/Daytona) cars will be strengthened to provide better driver protection.
  • Gordon said he is enjoying his return, but restarts are a challenge. He has had restart problems for a while.
  • Penalties at Indy - Harvick had loose nuts and got the standard team penalties. 5 teams were warned for failing laser and template inspections.
  • Target is dropping IndyCar sponsorship with Chip Ganassi Racing after 27 years and 11 Championships, including 4 Indy 500 wins. Larson still has Target through next year.
  • TV ratings for Indy were up over last year and Gordon's return is the reason. :noidea:

iboats Fantasy Live
A new iFL winner at Indy - FloridaFishingNetwork won for the first time. Congrats on the :first:, FFN
Trackchick Stars is still hanging on to the Top spot on the leader board​

Humpty

Humpty.png

GA_Boater

If you wonder what I'm yakking about - Pennsylvania 6-5000

Martin Truex Jr. snagged the pole. I don't know how? Jayski's tweet, since deleted:

Martin Truex, Jr captured the pole for Sunday's Pennsylvania 400 at Pocono Speedway with a speed of 19.244mph

179.244 MPH. One of the replies was "A little slow isn't it?" LOL

The rest of the top 12 are Edwards, Menard, Hamlin, Newman. Stewart, Keso, Elliot, Kenseth, Logano, Larson and A. Dillon. The Busch Bros are 15th and 16th, Harvick is 17th and Gordon is 24th.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy, 19.244 miles an hour, if that is the speeds I am sure I am going fishing on Sunday!

:lol:

GA_Boater

Couple of records set at Pocono in the Truck race. William Bryon won his 5th race - A record for a Truck rookie. He is the points leader, too.

9 cautions - Besting the old Pocono Truck record by 2.

The X-Race from Iowa green flag is 8:15.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy that kid Byron is amazing, I just hope they don't move him up to quick, but I can see him as a Cup boy in a year or two.

GA_Boater

A little red faced! Keso is pulling a double in the X-Race.

I think Byron will be moving up, too.

GA_Boater

Erik Jones took the lead back from Ty Dillon with 15 to go for his 3rd Xfinity win this year.I expect big things from him in the future.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boosh, no race today, been rained out and schedule for Monday at 11:00 AM, so now we can all do something else today!

GA_Boater

Nascar - Rain tires and wipers! You change everything else! LOL

sam60

Captain
Boosh, no race today, been rained out and schedule for Monday at 11:00 AM, so now we can all do something else today!

I thought you went fishing due to the speeds. They biting?

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I thought you went fishing due to the speeds. They biting?

I lied, I ended up getting involved with another project, I have been rebuilding my engine crane so it can 4 wheel on the gravel driveway, those little steel wheels and gravel don't get a long with each other to well.

We are thinking about taking the boat out this evening.

sam60

Captain
I lied, I ended up getting involved with another project, I have been rebuilding my engine crane so it can 4 wheel on the gravel driveway, those little steel wheels and gravel don't get a long with each other to well.

We are thinking about taking the boat out this evening.

Enjoy and be safe.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Enjoy and be safe.

We did, only a few nibbles, but it was fun to get out of the house and out on the lake, it has been really warm the last few days, so sitting on the lake, talking to my wife in a cool breeze was nice.

GA_Boater

They are getting the race in. Only 5 laps til half way with Larson up front. 3 cautions so far and talk of rain!