Just dropped in to say hi

YodaMonster44

Recruit
Hi all. This is my first post and thought it would be good way to introduce myself. My name (other than Yodamonster) is Ethan. I am 22 married with a one year old son. I just recently bought a 12 foot jon boat. I am very green when it comes to boating. I went out on the river a lot in highschool but never on my own. I have been reading tons of information about boat repair and this and that, so much so that I think I may be willing to try it out on my own. Thank you all for leaving so much information for everone to see and read. I look forward to asking even more questions of you all in the future. Have a great day.

YodaMonster44

Recruit
Thank you very much. I picked the boat up for a song. However it did not come with an outboard. Never the less I did find one on facebook of all places. The interesting part is it appears to be a 1950s johnson seahorse. I can find very little about it and its missing the transom clamp tag

aspeck

Staff member
Welcome Yoda! You will find much help and info here ... Welcome to the family.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Hi there Ethan. Fantastic you have your second Baby. That Johnson is an oldie but goldie. What do you mean by transom clamp tag? The handle on the transom screw? I'm no mechanical expert myself really and not familiar with that term. We Canadians are separated from the US by the border and same language.

I have to add safety first and last on the water. With an older motor it might not be the best idea to go solo until you know she's dependable. If you do make sure you have some form of communication other than yelling for help.

Last edited:

YodaMonster44

Recruit
Ironmaker Thank you for the safety advice. I will defiantely be heeding that advice especially out on the wabash. The research I have done has said that there is a vin tag of sorts on the transom clamp. My ourboard is missing that tag but the rivets are still there its quite a puzzle. Hopefully this picture shows up.