Hopefully our boating season will start shortly.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Just got back from China again. Have a quick Monday to Friday trip to our Mexico plant 11th to 15th July. Going to go get the boat out of winter storage next week and hopefully on the water on 9th July. Late start again due to the business travels but will see what we can get out of the remainder of the season. ot scheduled back to China till mid to end of October.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just leave the key on the boat, Ken. We'll find it and keep her ready for your boating pleasure between business trips. Leave a CC for gas money. :rolleyes:

Hopin' you can stay home and get in some summer boating. :thumb:

angus63

Captain
Didn't think it was possible, but you managed to shorten the Canadian boating season. 😀

aspeck

Staff member
At least you should have the boat ready for that 1 day you Canadians call summer!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Well with the tranny issues I am having with the tow vehicle my boating season mat start next spring !!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Mine hasn't started yet either, ken. Changed all the oil and there it sits..... Haven't used any toys this summer....

aspeck

Staff member
After finding and fixing the gas leak in mine, I was ready to take it out last week, only to find out the trim and tilt motor took a crap on me. I might get ours on the water before the end of August and the start of school ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The 3 of us are in fine shape. Kid goes back to school Aug 15th. Next week we're taking the trailer to see grandpa and grandma. Apparently, toys are overrated.......

aspeck

Staff member
WOOOHOOO! Found the issue with the trim and tilt ... a loose wire! Actually took the boat out on the water last night! Aaaawwwwww ... water therapy! It does a body good!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
:cheer2::fish2: :thumb: Sometimes water therapy is the best therapy. Ok, most of the time.....:D

Last edited:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Well, back in and English speaking country for a couple of months. Heading to get the boat out of winter storage tomorrow. Remanufactured tranny in the Trailblazer last week and all seems well. Hope you all manage to get out there soon.

aspeck

Staff member
Blew the motor today ... Guess I am dry docked for a while.

aspeck

Staff member
Still running, but rough ... tapping pretty hard, won't idle, all 4 plugs are oil soaked, but not silvery. Not sure how extensive it is, but if I have to tear it apart to see what is the matter, I am tearing apart the 140hp and dumping the 115 ... more power! Just hated spending the $ on the 140 when the 115 was running. Guess now is the time ... well, this winter is the time ... after Christmas ... hopefully ...

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Sorry to read about your badluck aspeck.Ken ive been in the water 4 months so far .A good year for me ,looking forward to atv season which for me starts sept 15 the start of small game season.Get out soon and enjoy a month or 2 of good boating Ken,good luck.

aspeck

Staff member
Still running, but rough ... tapping pretty hard, won't idle, all 4 plugs are oil soaked, but not silvery. Not sure how extensive it is, but if I have to tear it apart to see what is the matter, I am tearing apart the 140hp and dumping the 115 ... more power! Just hated spending the $ on the 140 when the 115 was running. Guess now is the time ... well, this winter is the time ... after Christmas ... hopefully ...
Okay, tore it apart ... busted rings ... cylinder not too gouged ... could possibly hone the cylinder and put in new piston, but this might be the time to rebuild the 140 ... it does have a new VRO pump on it ... so, here's to more projects to work on! Winter is coming, but really want it working before deer season ... use the boat to get to my favorite spots ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I finally moved my boat! Just enough to mow the tall grass........:facepalm: