Nascar Week #16 - Road Race - Sonoma

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Truex is pressuring Smoke. One slip and lights out! 10 to go.

GA_Boater

Hamlin and Truex bump behind the #14 and Smoke pulls out to a 1.5 second lead.

GA_Boater

Smoke gets around Hamlin for the win.

Our winners this week are Smoke and Smokin'! :D Pending the Tuesday final results for Art. No Jinx!

GA_Boater

Smoke is 3 points out of 30th in points with a win. He may make the Chase.

sam60

Captain
You'll have to excuse my friend, his internet is a bit slow, Stewart is 9 points from 30th and the town is <---- that way. I enjoy picking on a Mod if I think I can get away with it. :peace:

aspeck

Staff member
I had to leave the TV with about 30 laps to go ... missed the last of the fun! Yeah Smoke!

GA_Boater

You'll have to excuse my friend, his internet is a bit slow, Stewart is 9 points from 30th and the town is <---- that way. I enjoy picking on a Mod if I think I can get away with it. :peace:

I got the 3 points straight from Nascar leaderboard where they keep a running count. It isn't my Internet that's slow.

Pick away - I have control of the RED button. :eek: :D Now where did I hide it? :confused:

Smoke still has a chance to move up to 30th or better and make the Chase for the final time.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i remember Tony saying several years ago that he would wreck his mother for a win. i knew if he got back to him Denny didn't have a chance. pretty cool to see Denny congratulate him like he did. i'm not a fan of Hamlin but that was a class act move

aspeck

Staff member
Saw the replays of the last laps ... good hard racing. Loved comments from both drivers. There was plenty of aggressive driving both ways to go around, and they both knew what was at stake, and they both raced accordingly and congratulated each other on their driving, as it should be. I am happy for Smoke that he now has a chance to make the Chase, and more importantly, that he has a win in his last season of racing. Before the race he talked about his love for this track and this was emotional because this was the first track that he would not see again. To go out with a win on one of his 3 favorite tracks is neat.

64osby

Admiral
If it were anyone but Smoke, I think Hamlin's reaction would have been markedly different.

Fun race to watch, Smoke caught a huge break with the caution, Great racing the last couple of laps.

GA_Boater

It's official - Smokes win on Sunday! Smoke and Smokin'! both get their first :first: of the year. Way to go, 'speck! Congrats and congrats.

Vertical Pedal padded the lead over Trackchick Stars on the iFL leaderboard.

Next up - Cup and X-Men for the 4th of July weekend at Daytona. Trucks are off this weekend and return for a full weekend at Kentucky with Cup and X-er's.

aspeck

Staff member
Look out Daytona, here comes Smoke and Smokin' (okay, so I just jinxed us both ... last place finishes are on the horizon!) LOL!