Grandpa again ...

aspeck

Staff member
Last night after the Pens game, got a call that oldest daughter, 7 months pregnant, was being flown to trauma hospital with very good NICU. Took off on the 2 hour drive while wife took care of our youngest and the oldest's 3 year old. At 8:30 this morning a red headed, 3 1/2 lb beautiful girl decided she could wait no longer! Mother and daughter are doing as well as can be expected. Possibly 8 weeks in NICU before baby comes home, but breathing well with strong heart beat. What a miracle.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congratulations!! We will keep them in our prayers for a short and uneventful stay in the hospital.

southkogs

Staff member
God is good, Art. Congratulations and best wishes to mom and baby!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Congratulations ! How many grand kids does this make now ?

aspeck

Staff member
Put about 480 miles on the vehicle in 2 trips to the hospital. Momma and baby are doing fine. Pappy got 6 hours sleep last night ... Yeah! Sure beats the hour from the night before! This is my 2nd. Both red headed girls. Big sister is 3. We are still trying to figure out where the red came from. Another little one to teach how to hunt and fish.

Last edited:

angus63

Captain
Hoping for a happy and healthy future for your newest love!! Never too soon to start spoiling her!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Congrats, Grandpappy. :D

Neo docs and nurses do great with the wee ones today. Too bad you have wait a few weeks before you can bounce her on your knee.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Congrats on the new red headed deck hand. Glad both are doing well.

My red headed Admiral says reds are the best.... I often agree......

aspeck

Staff member
Grand daughter officially arrived home last evening ... 4 weeks ahead of schedule ... this has been nothing short of a miraculous ride. Baby and mom are doing great and baby is already over 5 pounds!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Aspeck that IS great news indeed. You have to start instantly spoiling her. I always liked to bounce them on the knee 'til they are just ready to explode, then hand them back to mommy or daddy. never fails, they look at them, smile and spew. Did you buy her a fishing rod yet? :first:

sam60

Captain
Grand daughter officially arrived home last evening ... 4 weeks ahead of schedule ... this has been nothing short of a miraculous ride. Baby and mom are doing great and baby is already over 5 pounds!

Congrats Art! Our youngest of 4 GK is a 5 YO girl. I was tasked with watching her for the last hour of her visit...I taught history like a good Gramps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=razEErb-wKM

dwco5051

Commander
This is my 2nd. Both red headed girls. Big sister is 3. We are still trying to figure out where the red came from. Another little one to teach how to hunt and fish.

Red headed girls are God's way of giving the world roses :lol: