Lake Electrical Shock

jbcurt00

Staff member
I hadnt either until recently. It regularly gets posted on a few boat groups @ FB and has been on another forum as well..... About the same 15yr old cheerleader

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
That's a terrible thing to happen .... I thought any power near the water was supposed to be on a GFCI ...

Thalasso

Commander
That's a terrible thing to happen .... I thought any power near the water was supposed to be on a GFCI ...

The main over current protective device that feeds the marina shall have ground fault protection not exceeding 100mA. Ground protection of each individual circuit breaker or feeder circuit shall be permitted as a suitable alternative.”
If ground-fault protection is provided for each individual marina branch or feeder circuit, ground-fault protection isn?t required for the main marina feeder conductors.

Last edited:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
There have been several electricity related deaths on our lake over the years. All on private docks.😢😢

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It has happened at a couple of the local lakes around here over the years, people just don't seem to understand why those GFCI are so important.