Dragged home a "new to me" boat.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I picked this up on Wednesday. 2002 Larson SEI 190 with a 2002 Suzuki DF140 4 stroke. The motor has 286 hours on it and compression is 152-156.
It came with a Minn Kota 70lbs with remote control, Lowrance Elite 4D-HDI fish finder, Minn Kota dual onboard battery charger, 2 fishing chairs with pedestals, bimini top and aluminum trailer. I got a copy of the service records for the last 3 years from the Suzuki dealership.
The PO was asking $8,000 and agreed to accept $6,000. Pretty good deal, IMHO.

DSCF0004_zpsjnhwfut8.jpg

DSCF0005_zpsxuntep9w.jpg

DSCF0006_zpsodtzekjz.jpg

DSCF0007_zpsesbt8shr.jpg

DSCF0008_zpsfuijztx1.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Not quite a steal - The PO didn't pay you to haul her away. :D

Not bad, not bad at all. :thumb:

southkogs

Staff member
Nice catch! Congratulations Dave. It looks like it was very well kept.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Nice catch! Congratulations Dave. It looks like it was very well kept.

I got lucky. The PO bought another boat a few months ago. He listed this one 3 months ago for $9,400. But he let this one sit and it got filthy. I used that to my advantage to get a lower price. I orignally offered $5,000 and he countered with $6,000. I went to $5,500 and he countered at $6,200. I'm like, WTF? When I offered the $6,000 he relented. When we got the paper work done I found out he needed $5,000 for a new roof. That partly explains why he sold it so cheap. Low NADA in my area is $9,715.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Glad you were able to get it before it had a chance to really get weathered. Even with the composite construction materials I bet it wouldn't take but one summer left uncovered to turn that boat into a major project.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Glad you were able to get it before it had a chance to really get weathered. Even with the composite construction materials I bet it wouldn't take but one summer left uncovered to turn that boat into a major project.

I have a metal carport to keep it under. Keeps the boat clean and keeps the sun off the vinyl.

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Boat doesn't look bad at all. I added green arrows to suggest where you might look to get that panel out. Look for screws like the one my yellow arrow is pointing to. You might have to run your finger along the brown carpet to feel since they might be covered by the carpet. Green Arrows.jpg

Last edited:

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I was hoping that the white vinyl part was seperate from the carpeted part. Have you tried to take the vinyl part off, yet? You are probably busy enough with engine, etc. to worry about vinyl, yet.

Sunken Ship

Petty Officer 1st Class
I think the carpeted parts are separate from the vinyl which both have different individual wood pieces....at least this is true on my boat. I have only stacked my interior parts that I have removed at this point. Trying to find a lift for the engine. Subscribed to your thread.

Jarcher3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Nice lookin boat! Im pretty jealous that yours has the upgraded gauges and not the VDO ones that came in mine. I want to change them over but the kit is like $400 and it doesnt come with a depth sounder.

That front cushion should come off the PO from my boat had it recovered so it is removable somehow...

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Nice lookin boat! Im pretty jealous that yours has the upgraded gauges and not the VDO ones that came in mine. I want to change them over but the kit is like $400 and it doesnt come with a depth sounder.

That front cushion should come off the PO from my boat had it recovered so it is removable somehow...

Thanks Jarcher3. I have put that cushion repair on the back burner for the season. I will get it off one way or the other this winter. What year, model, etc. Larson do you have?

Jarcher3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ya i have a few cushions that are going to get done this winter most likely. i'll fix stitches for now tho.

Its a 2001 190 LXI looks very similar as it should but it in an I/O with the 4.3 Volvo and none of the fishing spots or troller motor.