Hummingbird and not the electronic one

alldodge

Staff member
Sun is shinning, got beer and my sweet'ums so we took the boat out. Got almost to the end of the no wake zone and was thinking about having a beer, I noticed my huggy. There was something in it which made me look a little closer. Two Hummingbird nest, one with 5 eggs and one empty. Turned around, redocked and moved them. Tapped them up on the pole next to the boat. These guys must share nest, because I don't see how one bird can lay 5 eggs.

Guess I try and get my huggies back another time. Good thing it wasn't an albatross, eagle or the other protected birds.
Photo1001.jpg
Presentation1.jpg

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have never seen a nest with more than 3 eggs in it, hope the hummers find their new relocated digs!

alldodge

Staff member
Same here, we have seen many nest around here though the years and they will make one on top of a single strip light bulb. Never seen more then three eggs in one nest

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The AllDodge Nest Relocating Service - Rated #1 on Angie'sList. LOL

Five eggs is a lot for a tiny hummer.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
hopefully momma bird finds the relocated nest ... I tried to move a nest I found in a box of screws on my porch .. I just moved it up higher and out of the way . I sat and watched as the mamma bird looked and looked for the nest ... Had some twigs in its mouth hopping around searching ... I felt bad so I put the nest back where it was ... The eggs did hatch and I guess they flew away ok ... Or my dog got em ....idk ..
I would imagine they will find it up on the post ...