Nascar - All-Star Race, Charlotte

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After 2 days of rain, they are trying to squeeze everything into one day. The Showdown is running now with Bayne and The Biff racing into the All-Star. One segment left for the final Showdown spot.

The Truck race is scheduled for 12:30, but everything is running late.

Rain may still cause some delays, forecast to start again around 5 PM

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Kyle was nice last weekend, he wasn't so nice this weekend, put Chase into the wall and they came across the line fender to fender, literally!

GA_Boater

I haven't been able to watch, only what Jayski's has on Twitter.

In addition to Bayne and Biffle, Larson advances after the Elliott affair. The fans did vote Chase in along with Danica.

Truck race is next

GA_Boater

Matt Crafton won the Truck race with poor Shrubby 2nd. The Shrubs was sent to the back after having an uncontrolled tire during a pit stop. Good thing the race wasn't a few more laps or he could have caught Crafton.

All-Star race qualifying is scheduled for 7:10 PM with the race at 9 PM. And rain is building to the Northwest and moving toward Charlotte.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i hate rain! the most exciting part of the all-start race is qualifying with the pit stops

on another note, Matt Tifft had another good run in the truck race

GA_Boater

Since qualifying with pit stops was canceled, starting positions were set by owner points. Not as good as watching pit stops in the middle of qualifying runs.

GA_Boater

One of these guys will be taking home 1 Million bucks.

Green flag!

GA_Boater

McMurray spins with a flat right rear tire bringing out the caution with 4 laps to go in the first segment. Kenseth hadn't done the mandatory tire change before the yellow and couldn't do a green flag tire change under green before the end of the 1st segment. Kenseth is held for one lap at the start of segment 2.

Crazy rules!

GA_Boater

Kenseth may have had the best radio comment. Between segment 1 and 2, when the cars came on pit road, they were stopped and Nascar checked lugnut torque on each car. Kenseth came on the radio and said it was calling timeout in an NFL game and checking that all shoelaces are tied. LOL

GA_Boater

On the restart, Hamlin didn't go, causing a stackup and the 20, 14 and 5 tangled. The 24 tried to get on pit road and the 16 hit him.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What a freaking mess! I wish they would stop trying to fix things that are not broke!

GA_Boater

Isn't this whole thing just a make up rule changes as you go? I'm with Tony - Don't understand anything that's going on!

Larson leads segment 2 at the red flag. Lugnut checks again?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

11 cars are forced to make a 4 tire change or whatever they are doing.

GA_Boater

It looks like a DUI checkpoint on pit road. This is crazy what Nascar is doing.

I guess Johnson and Busch75 are on the front row for the restart. 13 laps in the final segment.

GA_Boater

Logano wins the cash in one of the worst officiated races ever.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It was not a good race. Kyle is aweful disappointed, but I can see his day is coming, he is going to get a win real soon.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i'd say that was one of the worst all star races i have seen. i don't like the inversion period but if you are going to do it you need to have the option of 0 cars inverted. too many playing games, aka jimmie johnson, trying to get in that 12th position. it backfired on him but its no fun watching cars slow to purposely lose positions. either invert 0, 5, or 10 or do away with the inversion

on another note, larson been looking good lately. will he get his first win next week?

GA_Boater

Larson should win one this year. He is just getting too close too many times not to take the checkers.