How to block my driveway

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
Hello all- Posting this off-boat topic here because I find this community to be very smart and creative. I live on a road that has heavy traffic and I have no grass frontage; just driveway. The area is probably 50 feet long by 15 feet wide. I find that people like to stop in my driveway to take cell phone calls, check the GPS, eat lunch, etc. This drives me crazy. I just need the middle part (of the 25 feet width) to get inside and outside. I've put orange traffic cones on either side, but my wife thinks they are ugly. I built a small white fence (self standing, 4 feet tall by 5 feet wide) but it has gotten run down by the town snow plow drivers. I need something that looks nice and I can easily move when it snows. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Simple_Man

Petty Officer 1st Class
Put up No Trespassing signs that imply trespassers will be shot

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
spike strips

remote controlled gate

bubba in a lawn chair with a shotgun

aspeck

Staff member
Park an Abrams tank in the driveway, barrel pointed towards the road with a sign, "parkers not welcome." That should do it! Fire it up and drive OVER any car that parks there ... :flame::eek::noidea::laser::fish:

alldodge

Staff member
You need the middle 25 feet of a 50 foot driveway, but it's ok if you don't have access to either end, I'm unable to picture this. Got pic?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Buy a tow truck, hire a driver and make money off the trespasser when they get towed to the yard!

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Could you still use the fence, but where the fence is posted to the ground, put in pvc pipe that you can just put the fence posts in. When it snows, pull up the fence and cap off the tops to prevent snow/ dirt from getting in the pipe. When the plows are done, uncap and put the fence back up

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I like the boulder idea. Around here they use them as a decorative item...... I would talk to them and ask, "What if I ate lunch in your driveway?"...... How about a couple of city signs that say No Parking Between Signs? If they still park there, call the cops. They could make a bunch of money writing tickets.....

southkogs

Staff member
Have one of the kids start selling lemonade to every driver that parks there. Make sure the kids are persistent, and the lemonade is crumby. It'll annoy the drivers and should make the kids a little bit of playin' money.

thumpar

Admiral
How many vehicles do you have at your house? Here there are 2 trucks, a motorcycle, the boat, Yukon and a Jeep. That is enough to block it off.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
...50 feet long by 15 feet wide... the middle part (of the 25 feet width) ...small white fence (self standing, 4 feet tall by 5 feet wide)

having a hard time picturing the dimensions

I like the idea of a parking cost sign, spike strip (or even a fake one) and add something to the sign that they just went over a one-way spike strip