Nascar Race #12 - AAA 400 At Dover

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We have all three series running at Dover this weekend. Trucks, X-Men and Cup. The X-Race is even on Fox, while the other two are on FS1. Here is MRN's schedule.

dover sch.PNG

The Cup entry list is 40 teams, so all will race on Sunday.

Humpty blew the weather prediction last week, so why not try again? It looks good for Truck practice today, some thunderstorms forecast for Friday and Saturday, while Sunday looks like a nice, cool 60 degree day for racing.

News and Notes
  • Confirmed by Nascar - Shrubby has a loose nut and maybe more. :D Add some conspiracy theories, too. All 40 cars passed the newish "safe and secure" lugnut rule during post race inspection. However some questions arose from fans after seeing some post-race pictures with indications all the front nuts were not tight. Add some comments from SHR and then Shrubby's crew chief and front tire changer are fined, suspended and put on probation. Once again the race winner is not penalized for failing inspection. From Jayski's, some discussion and how about the threadless lugnut stuff at the end? Also how did all the cars pass and then the #18 failed? But then again the #18 was already under scrutiny for tearing up the right rear quarter panel in the post-race burnout- Shades of JJ crunching the front of the #48 a few years ago.:
Are teams playing games with lugnut rule? NASCAR initiated a rule that teams must now have all five lug nuts "installed in a safe and secure manner throughout all national series events." The new rules went into effect two weeks ago at Talladega Superspeedway. Immediately following that race, NASCAR secured the cars coming off the track onto pit road and checked the security of the lug nuts. A similar procedure was in place at Kansas Speedway last weekend, and NASCAR cleared all cars during post-race inspection. But that didn't stop conspiracy theorists from debating whether Saturday night's winning driver, Kyle Busch, had five lug nuts tight on all four wheels of his #18 Toyota at Kansas Speedway. Photos - though inconclusive - appeared on social media showing Busch's wheels, and there was plenty of comment on the internet claiming the photos show all the lugs on Busch's car weren't tight.
The discussion continued on Tuesday when Joe Piette Jr., pit crew coach for Stewart-Haas Racing, was a guest on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. Piette indicated his belief that certain lugs indeed weren't tight. "Obviously, they took it a step further than having to have five lug nuts tight, if you will. But they had five installed. So no harm, no foul.
Rumors abound of teams attempting to game the system. When Piette was asked whether teams had considered using an unthreaded lug nut and simply gluing it to the hub, the veteran coach replied, "That's a loaded question." However, he added, "It's absolutely possible. If you haven't, I don't think you're a true racer.
  • Other penalties - 6 teams failed laser or template inspections and were issued warnings. Wonder if their lugnuts were tight? :rolleyes:
  • Keso has proposed the points leader coming into the Chase be given a bye and automatically move to the 2nd round. Why not, drivers missing 11 or 8 races are exempted from the Chase rule shambles. :facepalm:
  • Ryan Newman seems to feel he may be on the way out at RCR. With no RCR wins, in his final contract year and Childress grandson Ty Dillon itching to move up to Cup, he should be concerned.
  • TV ratings - Viewership was up for Kansas over last year when the race suffered a 2 hour rain starting delay. The cable ratings are still down 45% from the last Fox broadcast race in 2014
iboats Fantasy Live
We had our third 2 time winner after the Kansas race. Vertical Pedal now has two of these shiny :first:s gracing the mantel. Congrats, VP.
Trackchick Stars recovered from the prior race and added to the overall lead.​

Work on your iFL entries and get any changes made in time the race on Sunday. Good luck everyone.

The Humpster

humpy.PNG

GA_Boater

I don't know any other way to say this - Danica wrecked her boss and McMurray only 4 minutes into the the first practice today according to all the comments on Nascar.com. :facepalm:

Setting the record straight - Her rear end blew, causing a fire and a resulting spin. Tony and Jame Mc, ran through the oil and spun out. All three were single car wrecks, Danica hit no one! Smoke is particularly worrisome because of his preseason back injury.

Rain caused qualifying to be canceled and based on the practice speeds they got in during the first practice, Harvick is on the pole and Dale Jr. is second.

Matt Crafton won the Truck race.

aspeck

Staff member
My wife complains about the stench every time I blow my rear end, so, yes Musky, it is different ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I thought about going there, but decided not to. Leave it to our resident pastor to take the ball and run with it...:lol:

GA_Boater

I never stand around an open flame - For good reason! :flame:

GA_Boater

X-Men are almost ready to race with rookie Erik Jones on the pole.. This is another 2 heat/main event Dash For Cash race, number 3 of 4. Fox is carrying the race today.

GA_Boater

Erik Jones won the Dover Dash For Cash by winning the Main Event, a $100,000 payday. He also won the first DFC race at Bristol.

GA_Boater

Especially glad the race was won by a real X-Man and not one of the Buschwhackers.

boatman37

Lieutenant
Dover is my least favorite track. i doubt i watch the race but will record it and fast forward through it later. there are usually only a few cars left on the lead lap when its over. just never like the racing there

GA_Boater

Lap 40 competition caution. Harvick had more than a 6 second lead over 2nd place and he already lapped 11 cars.

GA_Boater

1st real yellow. #83, Dibenedetto into the wall with a cut tire.

Edwards in front on the restart.