I am Back

Unicorn

Cadet
I started posting here in 2003 under Unicorn, as I had a Unicorn boat with a 2 stroke 1980 50hp Merc, and wanted to learn a few things about boating and outboards.
Left for few years (no boat) back in 2007 with a new boat - got sold, and now 3rd time lucky just bought an Aussie Stacer 489 Baymaster with a beautiful 60hp 4 stroke Merc.. Looking forward to reading the latest on what is happening in the Boating world...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
I remember you from way back, most of your posts were in the repair forums and quite helpful to me back then.
Welcome Back Unicorn!
BTW, since you were already a member from 2003 like myself, Why did you have to rejoin the forum in 2007?

Unicorn

Cadet
Hi there Lieutenant, and members.

Good question. I have moved around Australia quite a bit and was boatless until recently. No reason to go on the repair forums for advice with a new boat, but can always offer some I suppose.
Things have changed these days with smokeless 4 strokes and easy starting etc. even noticed that my Prop now has 4 blades instead of 3. Still like my Mercs, even though I was advised to go Yami, Suzuki, Tohastsu or Honda.
Just returned from a few weeks in Hawaii with the missus.. Met a lot of nice people there and got to see some serious marine craft including one called the Missouri.:D They said it was just a Texas Tinny, that is not used anymore.

Didnt get much for my poor .74c AUD, but Pearl Harbour and the general culture there was worth the $$$.spent .
See ya on the Forums..

Andy