why iboats is better then facebook....

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer
I had to delete my facebook because of an old girlfriend, and wife isuese. So I needed a place online to look at post and type stuff, So I came back to iboats. which is so much better .The people on here are so much smarter then your average internet keyboard jockey. plus I love boats what could be better.. plus the wife isn't over my shoulder watching my every move when i'm on iboats.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Welcome back. Lots of good reading here. Even the jokes are clean and good.....:rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
My ex posted on something my current wife commented on yesterday. Odd, she asked if the posteter actually knew my wife. Old friend pre divorce.

MI_Pirate

Seaman Apprentice
Ouch... I'm going the other way. Wife of just under 3 yrs want me to sell the boat. Nope. Called a lawyer. Boat - 1 Wife - 0.

Confucious say. Man with boat see many bikinis.

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
I too, just recently deleted my Facebook because I personally found it unnecessary and a waste of precious Data :) now whenever I have a few extra minutes of "phone time" I log in to iboats and see what's going on:) much more worthwhile in my opinion.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Guess I'm stuck here. No cell phone, no tweets, no facebook, no need for todays "social media" or "Friends". Sorry, don't need to know how long you were in the bathroom or what you had for lunch or what color underwear you need to match you suite. Retired and home most of the time so why would I need a cell phone? Can buy a lot of fuel for the boat on and extra $50.00 a month.

southkogs

Staff member
I can (proudly, and maybe smugly) say that I've never actually used Facebook ...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I can say, I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, but I would never see my kids or my grandkids without it, which is the only reason I and the wife have it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I can say, I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, but I would never see my kids or my grandkids without it, which is the only reason I and the wife have it.

That's about the only way to keep track of distant relatives. E-mail is long gone, nobody pics up a phone anymore unless to test, which I don't. I've been on FB for a couple years now. A lot of garbage out there. Except my bird pix, right Art!:lol:

aspeck

Staff member
I like looking at Musky's bird pics on fb! :facepalm: Gonna start calling him the birdman of Wisconsin. Maybe we should change his handle to WIBIRDIE (or just birdbrain:lol:)!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Except my bird pix, right Art!:lol:
Wim is a bird nerd...of course so am I.

I actually like Facebook a lot. Keep track of my family and friends that lives all over the US and actually helps us connect more in person than we used to. The people posting about politics kinda sucks so I ignore or remove friends that start posting about that.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
This election cycle has really been worse than any I remember, some of my friends have gone bonkers!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Wim is a bird nerd...of course so am I.

I actually like Facebook a lot. Keep track of my family and friends that lives all over the US and actually helps us connect more in person than we used to. The people posting about politics kinda sucks so I ignore or remove friends that start posting about that.

I think Art is a closet Bird Nerd.......... :)

If I stopped following the 2 people that post ALOT of politics my news feed would be pretty slim. And, I wouldn't be able to keep up with a couple relatives, my cousin and his wife........ I should try it for a couple days just to see the difference. Still love them to death,,,,,

B-B-Bird bird bird, Bird is the word.....bbb----

Good one........

Coming in for a feeder landing........

southkogs

Staff member
Cool shots ... That kind of stuff is cool to see. I actually lurk Pinterest a little bit for things like your bird pictures. Facebook just has too much "noise (see MT and Bruce's posts as an example)" cluttering it up.

And really I'm not that smug about it ... some people really do like it. Just not my bag.