Getting Closer

RGrew176

Commander
I am getting closer to launch. The weather here has been dismal on most of my days off. I have had only 2 days that I was off work that were good enough for me to get down to the boat to prep for launch. April 23rd I managed to get my shrinkwrap off. Yesterday (May 5th) was sunny and warm enough for me to do the touch up on my bottom paint that needs to be done. There was one area that had standing water under the boat that I could not get to. Hopefully I can do that on Saturday if the rain gods keep the rain away for a couple of days. We have had a lot of rain and there are many areas with standing water still.

I decided to have the boat washed, compounded and waxed. I am hiring this out as I simply do not have the time to do it myself. I have someone scheduled to come out Tuesday (weather permitting) to detail the boat. Once that is done I will be able to launch.

As far as installing the new GPS and VHF I will do that once she is in the water. The entry doors to the salon need new varnish and I can do that either before or after launch. I will do that Saturday weather permitting.

I'm getting closer, won't be long now.

aspeck

Staff member
Me too ... found the gas leak ... the gas line under the deck is bad ... ethanol???? ... I have to figure out how to replace it without cutting the deck! YIKES! Not sure when I am going to have time for this project, but it needs done before splashdown! All in good time!

RGrew176

Commander
I drove to where my boat is stored yesterday (Saturday). I finished the bottom paint touchup. I also refinished all the outside wood with Sikkens Cetol Marine Light. Looks good. A couple of spots may need another coating but I can do that after launch.

The only thing left to do is get her all shined up. I decided to hire that out and weather permitting the boat will get a good cleaning compounding and wax job on Tuesday. I am hoping to launch this week sometime. Fingers are crossed that the weather will allow the cleaning to get done.

After I launch I will install my new GPS and VHF.

DayCruiser

Ensign
Thought about going out for the first time yesterday. Temps around 75. Winds 15 to 20 mph. Decided to wait until today. Supposed to be in the upper 80s. Latest day of the season we have gone boating. The Admiral doesn't like boating on windy days. Wind kind of makes it chilly coming off the water after some nights in the 40s..No more Polar jets!! Strange weather for us in May. Plenty of rain means full lakes which is good. Anyway hope to launch today and hope the boat does its part and makes it a fun day

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The motorhome with the boat hooked up is ready to go, then a very windy thunderstorm came through, so I took a nap, we will head out in the morning.

RGrew176

Commander
The lady that buffed, waxed and detailed the exterior of my Carver called me today and said that she is done. I am headed to the marina tomorrow to make an appointment to launch. Finally.

RGrew176

Commander
I stopped by the marina Saturday afternoon to look over my boat. It looks nice and has a great shine after being detailed. I went into the marina office to set up a launch appointment. I will be launching Wednesday May 25th at 4 PM weather permitting.

RGrew176

Commander
I was able to launch on time. I did have to replace one dead battery before I could fire her up. Motored out on to Lake Erie opened her up for a couple of minutes. Everything seems to be fine so the season can begin. I did spend the overnight Wed/Thur onboard. Hoping to have a good season.