Nascar Race #10 - LugNut 500 at Tallagega

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Time for the second restrictor race of the season, 500 miles at Dega. We'll have Cup and X-Men on the track this weekend. Still waiting for Truck to return from Spring Break - One more week. From MRN, the schedule of festivities;

dega1.PNG

The entry list has 41 names, so somebody sits this one out. On the weather front, Friday looks good while Saturday and Sunday don't. A good chance of rain is the forecast across Sat and Sun. With qualifying on Saturday, Friday's practice times may set the field

News and Notes
  • Can I say I don't understand Nascar or Brian France? Stewart talks about safety one day, the next day he announces his return to Cup racing and France welcomes him back with a $35K fine - Party Pooper! Then Nascar takes Smoke's comments to heart and amends the rules about using all 5 lug nuts per wheel, along with penalties. The Drivers Council antes up to pay Tony's fine and Nascar says can't do that, Tony has to pay his own fine and the fine won't be lifted. The DC collection will be donated to an autism charity, so that may be the only good thing about this whole mess. Also Brian "King" France made a lame statement about why the fine was necessary. I know there have been fines in the past which were paid by other than the driver or crew member. The most recent I can recall is after the Gordon/Keso dust-up after the Fall 2014 race at Texas. Crew members for Gordon and Kahne were fined $185,000, with Hendrick picking up the tab and publicly telling Nascar the organization was covering the fines. Why the change, Brian France? Are you channeling Roger Godell or giving him lessons!
  • More on the Smoke front. Tony planned on practicing, qualifying, and driving until the 1st caution. Now he and Ty Dillon will both practice and Dillon will run qualifying. Tony will still start the race, but will start from the back if Dillon drives qualifying.
  • Smoke part lll. Two teams got inspection warnings from Richmond. If you guessed the #14 got a warning, you get a Kewpie doll. Stenhouse's crew chief was fined $20K, suspended 1 race and on probation for a steering wheel violation.
  • TV ratings. Wanna guess? There's a another Kewpie doll at stake.

iboats Fantasy Live

Slide_Job won at Richmond, holding off 64osby. As 64 said, if Carl would have got in front with 10 to go instead of only the final turn 4, We might have had a different winner. But he didn't, so SJ, make a spot on the mantle for your :first: Congrats.

Trackchick is still setting the pace in the overall standings.​

Make any roster changes before the race on Sunday. Don't wait until it's too late. Good luck all.

Humpty

humpy.PNG

thumpar

Admiral
I am glad they are still on regular TV. We only have antenna. During the summer it doesn't bother me as much when they go to the cable networks since I am on the lake.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Boy Hendricks brought some fast cars to Dega, but what a classic pole and outside pole, the 24 and the 3, almost brings tears to the eye for us guys who have watch for so long!

GA_Boater

Qualifying just finished on Fox - That was a surprise.

Elliott has the pole, followed by A. Dillon, Dale Jr,. Kenseth, Johnson, Stenhouse, Keso, Hamlin, Edwards, Menard, Kahne and bringing up the rear, Truex.

Wise DNQ'ed. Mikey is racing tomorrow - Good, we won't hear as much from him until he is out of the race. :joyous:

GA_Boater

Good X-Men finish, but Plenty of wrecked cars during an overtime finish.

With the white flag out, approaching the finish line and Logano leading. Sadler. Sadler moved to the outside and Joey went up to block. Joey lost it, spun and hit the wall hard, going airborne in the process.

The finish is still being sorted out, looking to see when the yellow came out. I think Sadler might be the winner.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Wow oh wow, what a finish, Sadler got it, but between Sat and Sunday, I don't know there is that much difference any more, crazy, stuff

GA_Boater

Yep, MT.

Sadler did it perfectly for a restrictor race.

One more good thing - The top 5 are all X-Regs and Austin Dillon in 6th is the highest placing Non-X-er.

GA_Boater

Dega is fixin; to start. On warm up laps. Thunderstorms are approaching from the Southwest.

GA_Boater

First green flag stops and Danica spins in the pits. :facepalm:

Caution free so far.

GA_Boater

Shrubby picked up a windshield tear-off on the grille and is in the lead. It could be hard to get rid of.

GA_Boater

Dale Jr is the first yellow. Jr. went around caused by losing aero and Kahne got into him.

GA_Boater

Half way is getting close - Lap 94 and 73 are finished. Rain seems to be breaking up, but not going away.

GA_Boater

Lap 94.1, halfway. It's official. And raindrops reported.

GA_Boater

The big one! The #34 almost went Delta after rolling a few times down the backstretch!

Last edited: