Suggestions to remove drywall mud from unfinished window frames

jkust

Rear Admiral
The tile guy has been a no show for two days now. Getting frustrating as the carpet that needs to happen after tile has a hard install date and I don't see the tile getting done on time.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Tile work is one of those areas I hate to rush. I'm good enough but couldn't make a living at it. My wife has tried to rush a few tile jobs I've done over the years, and the results are never as good as I like. She says I'm to much of a perfectionist, and finding someone who is both good and fast is difficult here where we live.

Like allot of skilled trades the good ones are always busy.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
The tile guy has been a no show for two days now. Getting frustrating as the carpet that needs to happen after tile has a hard install date and I don't see the tile getting done on time.

Does the tile guy have a "hard" install date...?

Seems to me that the Builder/GC does not have control of his subs. It is the Builder/GC`s job to make sure his subs do their jobs correctly and on time...no if and or butts about it.

Did you have or get a schedule from your Builder/GC...? If so...then HOLD him to it. I have been in construction my entire life...born into it. My dad taught it to me. I have been on both sides...the sub as well as a Superintendent for over 20 years in commercial construction.

The Builder/GC works for you...tell him to get the tile Started NOW...no if and or butts about it...or...fly me up there and I will install it for ya...:D