Prince........

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Those were big DVD's , right?:joyous:

Actually, there were some companies playing with lasers and Vinyl to see if they could come out with a laser record player, I saw quite a few prototypes of those back in the early 90's

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
I believe we're using too wide of a brush to say, ""we" as a whole idolize musicians". I for one don't idolize any musician. I may like their music, but I sure don't idolize them. I would venture to guess society doesn't either. Sure, there is always a group that does... Nor is any musician a role model in my world.
Yeah, You're actually right.

"WE" probably don't. (idolize musicians)

But Hollyweird in fact does! AND they make all sorts of excuses for their behaviour!

thumpar

Admiral
I don't idolize any of them but have great respect for the greats. There are some musicians I think are good role models but they are country and christian musicians. I still don't idolize them though.

southkogs

Staff member
I never had any personal experience with Prince, thought I've known a fellow who has. I have had some experiences with several other musicians, Christian, Country, Rock and some Classical types. To be honest, it's a mixed bag across the board. They're all people. Some nice, some not so nice. Some very talented, and some look good and can afford autotune.

I think we all "idolize" to a degree, but when you get a little closer and see more of the people it evens things out. You can separate talent from having an appreciation for their discography or who they are as a person.