NHL Playoffs

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
So which team from the West is going to win it all this year? Dallas?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Have feeling whom ever wins between the caps and pens will be hoisting the hardware this year .Will be following the blues also as they slew my most hated team.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Have feeling whom ever wins between the caps and pens will be hoisting the hardware this year .Will be following the blues also as they slew my most hated team.
Will be a team from the west that wins the cup.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Oh pray tell who?L.A ? nope losers,Ducks?nope losers also.I will stick with my prediction as those 2 teams (caps and pens)are just too hot right now.Personally id like to see the caps take it all but if the pens beat them I believe they go all the way.So any teams you would like to put forward bruceb58 ?

aspeck

Staff member
I'm with you, 'rude ... Caps and Pens winner will take it. This series is going to be a dogfight ... last night could have gone either way ... lot's of good puck handling, fast skating and hard hitting. Just wish the Pens had their number 1 goalie back, but that doesn't look like it will happen, still dealing with concussion symptoms, so it is up to Murray to do it.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Oh pray tell who?L.A ? nope losers,Ducks?nope losers also.I will stick with my prediction as those 2 teams (caps and pens)are just too hot right now.Personally id like to see the caps take it all but if the pens beat them I believe they go all the way.So any teams you would like to put forward bruceb58 ?
Caps are chokers. Going to be the Stars. East is weak.Just like in the NBA

aspeck

Staff member
I would disagree that the East is weak ... the Pens beat the Caps tonight in another 1 goal game, but without OT this time. Series goes to Pittsburgh tied 1-1.

82rude

Rear Admiral
I would disagree that the East is weak ... the Pens beat the Caps tonight in another 1 goal game, but without OT this time. Series goes to Pittsburgh tied 1-1.
I can see that series going 7.

82rude

Rear Admiral
If the caps don't wake up they will be golfing soon.Murray is hot right now.O.T blues and Dallas ,good hockey .Go jets!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I normally dont follow hokey but home state blues and new state preds are busy at it...

southkogs

Staff member
I would really like to see the Preds go all the way. They're a good team - and one of the best "go-to-a-home-game" franchises available - but I'm not sure they're a cup team yet. They're playing pretty well right now though, so ...

aspeck

Staff member
Pens hold the 3-1 lead. Lot of series tied at 2 ... lot's of good hockey being played. You gotta hand it to the Pen's back-up goalie, especially with 2 star defensemen out of the line-up. Murray is playing like a wily veteran ... I am sure he could use The Flower to give him a rest, however. Hopefully the Pens can win one more against the Caps (would like it to be more than a 1 goaler so we can breath a bit easier), rest up, and move on in the quest for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I would really like to see the Preds go all the way. They're a good team - and one of the best "go-to-a-home-game" franchises available - but I'm not sure they're a cup team yet. They're playing pretty well right now though, so ...

Leicester City......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
PIt and Was are tied midway through the 1st period.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ooops - I forgot the important part, 'speck.

Go Penguins!

aspeck

Staff member
Too many penalties ... And that one paid off for the Caps ... Drat.

Last edited: